Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life in Singapore is the combination of AXA Singapore and HSBC Insurance. Here you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank.
Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life in Singapore we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our combined team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we will pursue efficient ways of working. We will harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. And the protection we offer will create broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Associate, Group Reporting. Principal Responsibilities
- The role holder will be involved in the internal and group reporting of HSBC Life (Singapore) Pte. Limited as well as various ad hoc projects
- He/she will work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders including the CFO, actuaries, onshore and offshore teams and other finance functions to ensure that all reporting requirements are met to the highest standards and within the strict deadlines imposed by HSBC Head Office
- This role offers a good learning and development opportunity for the right individual with exposure to the Insurance Finance reporting process in Singapore. It also provides a platform to broaden and strengthen the candidate's knowledge of both business processes and activities as well as gain experience in a First Line of Defense controls
- Handle month-end financial close and reporting, including reconciliations, preparation of journals
- Work with various stakeholders in ensuring the quality of data that flows into the general ledger
- Prepare monthly and quarterly group reporting submissions, including analytical review
- Participate in internal and external audit process to ensure completion of audit
- Support the other Finance teams on a wide range of issues
- Collaboration with the Finance Management team to understand the risks involved and support the Assurance Reviews accordingly to ensure there is coverage of key controls
- At least 2 years of experience in finance reporting or audit experience from Insurance industry is preferred
- Understanding of International/Singapore financial reporting standards and local regulations
- Highly comfortable with working on large data sets and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent team player and able to work with various stakeholders
- Understanding of the relevant internal risk management framework, including operational risk policies, SOX framework and knowledge of regulatory environment in the financial services sector
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.