Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock's Finance team is responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, tax compliance and control of the financial resources of BlackRock and its subsidiaries. The Finance Group is comprised of Corporate Controllers, Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, Tax, Finance Controls and Investor Relations. This position is in the Global Cash Accounting group under Corporate Controllers which is primarily responsible for the cash application, matching and reconciliation of all BlackRock Corporate bank accounts within AMRS, EMEA and APAC regions. Job Purpose/Background:
The Global Cash Accounting Team is responsible for the cash application and reconciliation of ~ 600 corporate bank accounts together for AMRS, EMEA and APAC Regions.
Successful candidates will be responsible for Cash identification and application via Oracle General and AR sub-ledger. They will also be responsible for multi-currency bank reconciliation and Balance Sheet substantiation of bank accounts. Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reconciling Corporate Bank Accounts spanning over various currencies and multiple sets of books.
- Daily identification of bank transactions; processing of journal entries directly to the General Ledger via Oracle and/or application of cash through the Oracle AR Sub Leger.
- Responsible for investigation and timely resolution of outstanding items in line with Cash Escalation Policy.
- Prepare daily bank account reconciliations.
- Completion of monthly Cash Balance Sheet Substantiation.
- Liaising with AR Collections, Global Revenue group, Accounts Payable Team, Credit Control, Treasury and other stakeholders on payment/receipt queries as appropriate.
- Ensure processes are completed in line with internal controls and escalate any areas of risk.
- Support other team members through periods of fluctuating workload and annual leave.
- Project work as and when required.
- This is a globally focused role in a team which is core to the entire Finance process. The role interacts with various teams around the globe.
- This role will provide the candidate with the scope to effect positive change to the control environment by harnessing system capabilities and constantly evaluating processes & procedures to create value for the firm.
- 2-3 years of accounting and reconciliation experience.
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (including lookups formulas) desirable.
- Previous Bank Reconciliation and Foreign Exchange experience essential.
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes as well as banking systems desirable.
- Strong problem solver with a passion for process improvement
- Be able to clearly and confidently communicate in verbal and written form, with all levels of the business.
- Experience of Oracle AR, GL & ARSCS modules and Oracle Cash Management software package will be an added advantage.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced and growing environment and have a strong team ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to meet tight time schedules
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.