Description About this role Team Overview
Regulatory Operations is a growing team responsible for designing, implementing & leading all aspects of BlackRock's regulatory processes. Our team is part of the Technology and Operations function at BlackRock that makes up around one third of the firm's employees.
The Regulatory Operations team plays a key role; we own many of BlackRock's most sophisticated and critical regulatory reporting processes. We also act as the translation layer between Legal & Compliance, Technology and Operations teams. Working in Regulatory Operations requires provides you with opportunities and challenges to develop your skills and make an impact within our business.
We are looking for a Client Regulatory Controls Analyst
- Join a small local team supporting the wider global Regulatory Operations
- Ensure production and quality control of data for BLK's EMEA cost calculation process, which feeds into mandatory regulatory and industry standard reporting covering EMEA jurisdictions including MIFID, UK Local Government/DC Pensions, Dutch Pensions, Competition & Markets Authority and CTI. This critical process delivers cost data to reports which provides clients more transparency into the underlying costs of their investments
- Ownership of data production and quality control (QC)
- Driving resolution of QC breaks
- Developing into a subject-matter expert
- Key member of our controls team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of regulatory and industry-standard costs disclosures
- Critical contribution to the end-to-end process, including sourcing of some off-platform data
- Identify potential improvement and automation of controls
- Work with technology and business team partners to support key business objectives
- A college degree is required, ideally in accounting or related field
- Operational experience (1-3+yrs) preferred within a financial reporting or regulatory environment
- Ability to understand and work with numbers
- Produces accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and makes appropriate corrections
- Ability to identify, prioritize and develop practical solutions for issues
- Exhibits strong time management and organizational skills
- Takes ownership for outcomes and is personally accountable for results
- Works effectively to plan and prioritize their workload
- Self-motivated - able to show initiative and come up with ideas without prompting
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including ability to clearly articulate QC results, data issues to the team and supervisors
- Technical proficiency: ability to navigate in-house applications, strong Excel, and preferred SQL skills and / or automation experience
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.