Description About this role Investment Accounting Data Acquisition and Automation | Analyst About BlackRock
Are you a highly motivated professional looking to elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager? Would you thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance, working with both internal partners and clients? We know how important it is to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over $8 trillion of assets, we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, and improve their financial well-being.
In addition to helping our clients achieve a better financial outcome as an asset manager, BlackRock is an established FinTech with Aladdin® being used by some of the largest institutions and investors in the world. We provide comprehensive investment accounting software and services including financial and regulatory reporting. By deploying Aladdin®, accounting services are offered as a coordinated solution alongside Aladdin's powerful capabilities to financial institutions globally. 2022 was a record year for Aladdin with over $1.4 billion in revenue, and we're excited to offer this opportunity to join our growing business. Job Purpose / Background
The Investment Accounting Group (IAG) provides accounting and regulatory data services to clients who have outsourced their accounting function to BlackRock. IAG is currently embarked on an exciting program of work to develop our accounting operating platform and to extend asset class coverage. As our business has expanded, we are investing in a new team called Data Acquisitions and Automation to partner with our clients to scale data ingestion and leverage automation technologies to increase efficiency in our processes.
IAG is seeking an Analyst for the team and embrace your skills, eagerness, and passion while giving you the freedom to grow professionally. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating key functions of our client support model to implement new business onto our accounting platform. The role will focus on developing software solutions, applications and setting up data pipeline for new and existing clients alike, and be responsible for bringing together the capabilities of other parts of the BlackRock organization as required. Key Responsibilities
- Develop a thorough knowledge of BlackRock's capabilities, products and services for Investment Accounting clients
- Partner with clients and internal business teams to document data requirements then develop scalable solutions to source third-party data critical to the accounting process
- Participate in the full lifecycle of ETL software development - analysis, design, build, documentation, and testing
- Drive the onboarding and attribution of newly acquired data sets into our database environment; handle all aspects of the loading process; supervise attribution throughout the process and identify ways to optimize each cycle
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the data loading structure and develop innovative approaches to improve the onboarding and integrity of the data
- Improve our ability to scale implementation efforts to ensure we can support multiple ongoing efforts concurrently, given our projected sales targets
- Engage and manage relationships with key partners across the firm to support business growth, implementation of new clients, and client retention
- Ensure alignment of additional services with our Investment Accounting offering but supporting proper product integration in partnership with colleagues across the firm
- 2 - 5 years of experience in software development using Python
- Experience with scripting languages including Shell, Perl, and Java
- Working command of SQL and grasp of relational databases
- Exposure to cloud technologies, process automation, web development (Angular, React), and Azure strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and willingness to go beyond the scope of one's role to achieve team and firm objectives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesise information, summarise issues and think creatively
- Sharp control/risk mitigation mentality with ability to know when to raise issues
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.