Description About this role GAAPS Alternatives | Associate Loan Services | Mumbai
Global Accounting and Product Services ("GAAPS"): Alternatives Operations supports BlackRock Alternative Investments ("BAI") and over $140B of assets globally. BAI takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with varied correlations to the equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge funds of funds, single strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Role Responsibility
- Demonstrate product and functional knowledge of the loan and privates market in order to communicate with business, trading counterparties and large/sensitive clients.
- Ability to interpret legal documentation and translate to simpler terms
- Support the settlement process of loan syndications, secondary loan trades, CLO's, restructures, privates, infrastructure debt, renewable power, direct lending and trade claims including funding and documentation matters.
- Work with Custodians on timely funding/receipt of wires and delivery of physical certificates.
- Maintain a solid understanding of all relevant portfolios and deal related documentation to ensure controls are in place and that guidelines are adhered to.
- Liaise with Administrative Agents, Borrowers and Legal pertaining to KYC documentation, including administrative details, tax and fund formation documents.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance and distribution of loan documentation inclusive of private and public amendments/ restructures and voting requirements with settled and trade date positions.
The successful candidate will have 2-8 years' experience in the fields of data management, operations, accounting and/or administration with a focus on alternative investment funds. A master's degree in Accounting or Finance is helpful.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and client service skills.
- Strong performer in a high pace environment with high volume and high risk transactions with a low tolerance for error.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment and proactively assume additional responsibilities.
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles.
- Highly proficient in Excel and MS application skills
- Knowledge of trading instruments and the settlement mechanics
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.