Description About this role Overview
Americas (AMRS) Product Oversight and Governance (POG) is a unit within Global Accounting & Product Services (GAAPS). Members of the AMRS POG team are responsible for supporting more than $5T in total AUM and 2000+ funds that comprise U.S. iShares, Mutual Funds, CTFs and Canadian iShares and Institutional Funds (the Funds). Primary aspects of the support model provided by AMRS POG to the Funds include fund board governance, fund lifecycle services (launches, liquidations, restructures) fund treasury oversight and chief financial officer duties. AMRS POG works closely with several internal GAAPS teams, BLK functions and external stakeholders and service providers to deliver quality and value to our shareholders. Those interactions include the Funds Boards, custodians, auditors, accounting oversight, financial reporting, product development and business management, portfolio management, valuation, tax, legal and compliance, internal audit, risk and quality assurance, and multiple other organizations and functions. Development Value
This role provides an exciting opportunity to establish the AMRS POG footprint in Mumbai and partner with product groups across the globe, working closely with the AMRS POG teams in the US and Canada. The broad fund range offers individuals opportunities for further personal learning, both in terms of the product types and accounting complexities, as well as the ongoing development of technical strengths. Roles & responsibilities
- Partnership with AMRS based team to support POG functions.
- Drive opportunity, efficiency, and scalability for global POG presence.
- Support the buildout of the local POG Mumbai team and the design of the target operating model.
Experience & Skills
- Oversight of outsourced functions including fund auditors, review performance of the service providers, and evaluate control environments.
- Review and challenge accounting policies and procedures to help evolve the operating model to best practice with a focus on automation and technology.
- Assist regulatory reporting teams with reviews of certain technical areas of fund financials and fund prospectuses.
- Support periodic fund distributions process, working closely with product development and tax teams.
- Assist with product lifecycle engagement for launches, liquidations, mergers, and other structural events.
- Develop oversight and monitoring process for various functions including custody, expense ratio reviews, escheatment, website data integrity, tax reclaims, and lines of credit.
- Contribute towards and prepare presentations to BlackRock governance bodies (e.g., fund boards) and committees.
- Support the development of comprehensive fund/group metrics for periodic reporting and POG brand building.
- Involved in the investigation of operating events and coordinate with cross functional colleagues.
- Provide fund accounting technical input across all operational aspects.
- Build good relationships with business areas within BlackRock to support effective cross-functional engagement.
- Contribute to ensuring compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements impacting the funds.
Project Management for regulatory and business change
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business management, finance, economics or equivalent.
- Ideal candidate will have proven experience of 1-2 years in the financial industry, with knowledge of capital markets and the ecosystem of regulators and market participants.
- Working knowledge of accounting, reporting and investment operations for a broad array of domestic and foreign equity, fixed income, financing and derivative investment holdings and strategies.
- Familiarity with RIC tax and fund distribution requirements.
- Good understanding of the fund valuation and associated transaction lifecycle and key control frameworks.
- Diverse range of fund expense structures (unitary and pass thru) and methods for waivers, caps, allocation, and application of break points.
- External service provider oversight and control environment assessment.
- Audit experience preferred, but not required.
- Accountability and ownership of key functions and special projects.
- Excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to produce accurate work and spots mistakes/errors and make appropriate corrections.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to handle contending priorities.
- Consistent record in implementing change management.
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Partnership building across the global footprint.
- Initiative, drive, and passion.
- Excellent attention to detail and passion for performance.
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.