Description About this role Business Unit Overview:
The Financial Markets Advisory Group (FMA)
business was formed on the back of the Global Financial Crisis in 2008 and delivers a range of advisory services including sustainability, capital markets, portfolio construction and data & analytics solutions to official sector and financial institution clients globally, including banks and insurance companies. We support our clients on their most critical and complex financial issues -from managing the low carbon transition of the economy and financial sector, to unwinding portfolios of assets, to crafting and executing bond purchase programs to support the economy.
We leverage the firm's sophisticated sustainability, capital markets, data & analytics and technology capabilities, to deliver impact-oriented advisory services, while maintaining an information barrier from the rest of the firm.
Since our founding, we have completed assignments for more than 280 clients in 37 countries. Our professionals work out of all three BlackRock regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), allowing us to serve clients in all locations and respond to their needs as they arise. Core service areas:
- Capital Markets: FMA provides unbiased advisory services to large global banks and other financial intermediaries spanning across market valuation, risk and liquidity assessment, portfolio stress testing, portfolio wind-down and disposition services on their assets.
- Sustainability: FMA supports clients across a range of Sustainability efforts, such as ESG integration, stress testing and climate risk advisory through leveraging and working with partners to enhance our Aladdin Climate models.
- Insurance Solutions: FMA supports clients with the design and implementation of investment and risk management strategies that are appropriate for insurers and develop sophisticated quantitative models and analytics to address the most complex investment problems faced by insurance clients.
As an Analyst, you will be assigned to a project team focused in offering technical and analytics services across Capital Markets, Sustainability, and Insurance Analytics areas of FMA business. Your core responsibilities will include:
What capabilities are we looking for?
- Deliver quantitative analysis on a variety of financial models ranging from fixed income asset class, derivative products, climate risk/ESG analytics
- Leverage existing models and deploy resulting analytics to clients, including model validations, valuations and cash-flow projections, across multiple financial asset classes using statistical and econometric techniques and programming languages, e.g. Python
- Deploy a thorough knowledge of BlackRock's existing systems, tools, and infrastructure to provide solutions to FMA mandates
- Build and deploy subject matter expertise across a range of themes including sustainability, capital markets, data and analytics, etc.
- Connect and collaborate with other FMA members as well as other BlackRock team members globally in close partnership to generate top quality work product
- Prior industry experience in banking, investments, or financial services with a history of outstanding achievements
- Strong programming/coding in Python with financial math/quant work
- Strong Object-Oriented programming concepts & Python data structures
- Intermediate RDBMS knowledge and data access using SQL
- Familiarity using/developing risk analytical systems/tools or statistical/econometric models is preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, should be able to converse freely with global counterparts
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently on complex advisory assignments
- Understanding of the banking and financial sector, balance sheet, regulations, and economics' concepts is a plus
- BE/B Tech degree in relevant technical discipline: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science, Finance
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.