Description About this role GAAPS Alternatives | Analyst Investment Services | Mumbai About BlackRock
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an outstanding responsibility: our technology and services empower millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial well-being.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. Technology & Operations
Global Accounting and Product Services: Alternatives Operations supports BlackRock Alternative Investments ("BAI") and over $140B of assets globally. BAI takes a dynamic approach to alternative investments, creating investment vehicles that increasingly capitalize on evolving opportunities in fast-changing markets. We offer clients strategies designed to provide returns with low correlations to the broad equity and bond markets, including private equity, real estate equity and debt, hedge funds of funds, single strategy hedge funds, long-only absolute return strategies, commodities and structured products. Our alternative investment capabilities are fully integrated into BlackRock, allowing investment teams to capitalize on the firm's considerable resources in areas such as risk management, product development, client service and operational support. Team Overview
We are looking to add a team member to our newly formed Alternative Data team in Delaware. This team is part of the Global Alternative Investment Services team within Business Operations. The core focus of the team is to provide consistent data capture related to alternative products and investments, and dissemination of the data to various downstream consumers. Role Responsibility
- Provide onboarding support for the data capture of alternative products and investment types, which includes: sourcing data from legal documents and received from third parties, and coordinating input of data into internal systems;
- Assist in the design of the onboarding of alternative products and investments process; including design of investment/trade, cash management, valuation, PnL recognition and reconciliation processes and related system implementation;
- Assist in trading support and execution functions for private investment funds, including monitoring internal and external teams to ensure accurate and timely execution;
- Work with external service providers, internal team members and other BlackRock groups to transmit and receive product and asset related data, and resolve operational issues, as identified;
- Prepare process documentation and controls for the team's core responsibilities, and ensure they are updated and reviewed regularly;
- Participate in other group projects and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years' experience in the fields of data management, operations, accounting and/or administration with a focus on alternative investment funds. A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- A diverse knowledge of alternative investment products, including single manager hedge funds, structured products, private equity funds and complex capital and investment structures;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Proficient Excel skills
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.