Join us as a Collaboration Portfolio Manager
What you'll do
- We'll look to you to understand and use Agile and DevOps principles, allowing sufficient flexibility for the portfolio to evolve as customer value is proven and the needs evolve
- You'll use metrics and data visualisation effectively to report portfolio and investment performance to support decision-making
- Reporting on progress, risks, and opportunities through Planview, you'll manage an investment portfolio from multiple funding sources to realise the strategic objectives of the collaboration
- This is a great opportunity to take on a role in an innovative, forward thinking environment where you'll be able to have a tangible effect on the function
As a Collaboration Portfolio Manager, you'll be defining and developing a portfolio structure to provide appropriate governance, control and management of the enterprise-wide portfolio, domain portfolio or platform portfolio, including any associated interdependencies.
You'll collaborate with domain leads, release train managers, product owners and enterprise architects to conduct regular reviews of the investment portfolio and backlog, challenging the status quo and driving informed decision making about portfolio priorities.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Making sure that investments are identified and prioritised from the enterprise-wide portfolio or domain backlog relating to the minimum viable product, providing value to the customer and bank as early as possible
- Partnering with a range of stakeholders to ensure an accurate, rolling pipeline view of investment
- Using a constant feedback of velocity rather than a fixed plan, understanding the value that is being generated is maintained, used and kept under regular review
- Defining, creating and managing a rolling wave strategic themed investment plan, aligned with the expected future business value outcomes
- Making informed decisions around resourcing of the portfolios, including any necessary scaling up or down of feature teams
To succeed in this role, you'll need knowledge and experience of portfolio management theories, models and practices, including scaled Agile frameworks and Prince 2 methodologies, within an Agile or DevOps environment.
In addition, you'll need:
- Experience in financial planning and investment tracking
- Knowledge and experience of working within governance frameworks and meeting financial controls
- An appropriate portfolio management qualification, such as Prince 2 with Agile, Agile or SaFE Portfolio Management
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to your peers and management level colleagues
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills