Overview Our Team
Enterprise Data Management is focused on delivering the firm's master data strategy, implementing enterprise data policies & governance, driving a holistic access to data via our data Lake, and enabling the business to deliver advanced outcomes for ourselves and our customers using AI/ML techniques.
In the process of focusing on this agenda - we participate in the remediation of data centric regulation. We help our operations teams transform how we operate, while optimizing our data centric cost structure and reducing our operating & regulatory risk, and provide innovative, data centric commercial opportunities. The Role
As an Executive Manager, Data Management - you will own the Data Strategy and related business practices for a specific Line of Business or Corporate Function. You will report jointly to the LOB CEO and BNY Mellon's Chief Data officer. You will work with Data Domain Owners, Data Leaders, Data Stewards, Technology, Risk, and others to execute all data strategy/governance/management activities including the collection, storage, management, quality, and protection of data as the first line of defense.
You will be responsible for defining and executing on the data strategy, operating model, and overall data transformation defined for the Line of Business ("LOB") or Corporate Function ("CF"), in alignment with the corporate policies and standards set forth by BNY Mellon's Enterprise Data Management ("EDM") team. Key Responsibilities:
Implementing advanced Data Strategy
- Define and lead a direct team of people to execute on LOB / CF data strategy, in alignment with BNY Mellon's corporate data strategy
- Drive use of data for commercial impact in the LOB / CF, including cost reduction, risk reduction, and business growth
Managing the Lifecycle of Data
- Lead team that defines and prioritizes critical data for the LOB / CF, in alignment with EDM standards
- Drive certification process for authoritative datasets ("ADS"), and ensure proper storage and documentation of certified ADS's
- Document data lineage for all LOB / CF data through its lifecycle, which includes the data's origins and where it moves over time
- Implement data controls through strong governance and MDM framework, including leading data rationalization practices
- Review metadata model annually.
Establishing a strong data governance and control framework
- Set strategy and implement the LOB / CF data operating model in alignment with central policies put forth by Enterprise Data Management team
- Execute procedures for data privacy, access, analysis, storage, management, quality, and protection
- Implement data quality framework, conduct quality reporting, and execute issue remediation plans to ensure swift resolution of data issues. Monitor Data Quality issues and ensure attention to solve the issues.
- Represent the Line of Business / Corporate Function in the appropriate data governance forums.
- Ensure LOB / CF completes the data maturity assessment in a timely manner.
Drive data projects and initiatives
- Act as executive sponsor on data projects and initiatives for the LOB / CF
- Drive data initiatives outside of the LOB / CF (e.g., enterprise-wide remediation efforts)
- Support implementation of large-scale transformation programs
- Partner with other business stakeholders to understand and meet business requirements
- 15+ years' experience in Data Management and Analytics preferably at a large institution with at least 10+ years' experience managing a data team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following: data structure, information systems/tools, related software and data management, enterprise content management, and record-keeping policies and practices in a complex, organizational environment subject to regulatory oversight.
- Understanding of US/EU privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists; the ability to sell ideas and process internally at all levels, including the Board and investors
- Proven record of effective leadership, including the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; building teams and consensus; getting things done through others not directly under his/her supervision; working ethically and with integrity.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with best-in-class data management tools and data strategy design
- Experience working with large, complex datasets
- Ability to convert business strategy into action-oriented objectives and measurable results
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $136,500 and $400,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.