Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
As a leading wealth manager, BNY Mellon Wealth Management is focused on helping successful individuals and their families build, manage and sustain their wealth across generations and market cycles. Through a unique service model focused on five Active Wealth practices - Investing, Borrowing, Spending, Managing Taxes, Protecting Legacies - they help clients in the U.S. and abroad achieve stronger after-tax performance to help maintain their wealth over generations.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Wealth Manager to join our Wealth Management team. This role can be located in Los Angles, Newport Beach, San Francisco, or Seattle.
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Preparing balance sheets, calculating wealth projections, recommending and executing portfolio rebalancing programs, cash management, verifying client objectives and analyzing investment performance.
- At the guidance of the Team Leader, the Lead Analyst may also have independent responsibility for managing some client relationships with the Wealth Advisory segment.
- The Lead Analyst independently evaluates and pursues new business opportunities and client prospects, focusing on responsible business growth that is compliant, of acceptable risk and profitable.
- Serves in a consultative role to prospects, advising UHNW and HNW parties on the best way to achieve their short- and long- term strategic objectives through the firm's solutions.
- Pursues clients and centers of influence with complex strategic needs and responsible for generating new revenue by way of increased flows and future fees.
- Client service (30%): Frequent and regular/scheduled interaction with clients, including in-person client meetings. Serve as clients' primary point of contact and are responsible for ensuring that all of WM's resources are provided to clients in the Active Wealth framework.
- Portfolio/Investment administration (30%): Preparing balance sheets, calculating wealth projections, recommending and executing portfolio rebalancing programs, cash management, verifying client objectives and analyzing investment performance.
- Business development (20%): Utilizing technology and client's net worth statement to introduce BNY Mellon's capabilities and bringing insights to the Wealth Managers. Directly contributes to the team and personal goals.
- Risk and Compliance (10%): Expected to adhere to all policies, procedures and regulations. Timely completion of all assigned compliance tasks is required.
- Training, Personal & Professional Development and Involvement (10%): Continuous personal and professional learning and development and contribution to the team goals is expected.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of total work experience preferred.
- Financial Services experience with a particular client type or product (Hedge, Pension, etc.) preferred as is prior experience in Relationship Management, Client Services or Account Management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, experience working in a highly detail oriented environment, strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, proven verbal and written communication skills are also preferred
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon assesses market data to ensure a competitive compensation package for our employees. The base salary for this position is expected to be between $58,900 and $110,000 per year at the commencement of employment. However, base salary if hired will be determined on an individualized basis, including as to experience and market location, and is only part of the BNYM total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, discretionary bonuses, short and long-term incentive packages, and Company-sponsored benefit programs.
This position is at-will and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, change in geographic location, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.