Client Relations Associate / Analyst
About Sands Capital:
We are an active, long-term investor in leading innovative businesses globally. Our approach combines analytical rigor and creative thinking to identify high-quality growth businesses that are creating the future. Through an integrated investment platform spanning venture capital, growth equity and public equity, we provide growth capital solutions to institutions and fund sponsors in more than 40 countries .
About the Client Relations Associate (and/or Analyst) Role:
Sands Capital is seeking a motivated Client Relations Associate/Analyst to provide day-to-day support and servicing to existing and prospective clients, the consultant and intermediary communities, and other teams within the firm. Sands Capital prides itself on having a collegial and entrepreneurial culture, and an Associate/Analyst who excels in the role will have increased access to external constituents and will take on greater responsibility for shaping the Client Relations Team’s activities and growth over time.
If selected, you will play a critical role in helping the firm deliver on its Mission, which is to add value and enhance the wealth of its clients with prudence over time.
Sands Capital staff are expected to work from our Arlington, VA office on a hybrid schedule at a minimum of two days per week in office (specifically, Tuesdays and Wednesdays) or as directed, depending on team needs. Please know that the hybrid schedule is subject to change, as directed by our Executive Management Team, at any time.
The Client Service Team seeks to provide superior service to both internal and external counterparts. The position’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a contact for day-to-day client, consultant, and prospect requests; Accurately preparing reports to illustrate investment results, attribution, portfolio characteristics, etc.;
- Fulfilling data requests from prospective clients;
- Managing due diligence questionnaire (DDQ) responses from clients or their consultants;
- Maintaining client information, databases, and metrics utilized by the Client Relations Team for use in its business development and client retention efforts;
- Developing an understanding of Sands Capital’s strategies and investment philosophy;
- Executing other departmental or firm wide projects, as identified, or required; Performing other professional responsibilities, as needed; and
- Exhibiting behaviors consistent with Sands Capital’s Mission, Values, and culture.
Required Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university;
- 1-5 years of work experience, preferably in the investment management industry, including consulting or manager research and due diligence;
- Prior experience with RFPs and DDQs related to investment management activities, viewed favorably;
- Sincere and demonstrable interest in capital markets and/or investment products;
- Superior client relations skills and the ability to interact and develop relationships with all levels of staff;
- Strong detail orientation and prioritization skills along with a proactive problem-solving aptitude necessary to develop solutions for clients;
- Perform position responsibilities independently with a high degree of efficiency and accuracy;
- Stellar organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities at once;
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills;
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office (specifically, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce, Advent APX, FactSet, Loopio, and investment-management related databases (e.g., eVestment) a plus
Required Behavioral Characteristics:
- Having impeccable integrity;
- Exhibiting superior client service skills (to include both internal and external clients);
- Exhibiting strong interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrating a strong work ethic in a fast-paced, professional environment;
- Operating with a high degree of initiative, self-discipline, and motivation;
- Working effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Assuming the best of others; and
- Being motivated by a job well-done.
Sands Capital’s Values:
Identified below are Values the firm holds in high regard and believes are critical for high-performing individuals and teams at Sands Capital:
- Integrity & Trust: Do what is right, not what is popular. Deliver on commitments.
- Client-Centered: Always act in the best interest of our clients.
- Commitment to Excellence: Strive to learn and improve. Implement best practices.
- Focus: Identify and concentrate on “what matters.”
- Long-Term Perspective: Appreciate that time allows sound decisions to demonstrate their worth. Avoid short-term thinking.
- Independent Thinking: Have the courage to develop and articulate your own convictions. Debate others openly and honestly.
- Teamwork: Collaborate to gather facts, develop perspective, build conviction, and support timely decision-making.
- Positive “Can-Do” Attitude: Demonstrate a willingness to tackle any task.
- Graciousness: Reflect kindness and courtesy at all times.
- Balance: Enjoy your work while balancing professional activities with interests beyond the firm.
- Meritocracy: Know that talent and achievement will drive your success at Sands Capital.