Director, Investment Product & Portfolio Construction
As a part of the Platform & Product Team within our advice business for Global Wealth & Asset Management Canada, this role will help drive the growth of our portfolio management and fee-based platforms.
A key member of our advisor-facing team responsible for evolving our discretionary platforms and the utilization of model portfolios to better serve our clients long term financial goals. The position also plays a key role in developing our platform and program strategy including the use of new technology, educational roadshow of product and platform offerings and partnering with our advisors on portfolio construction and implementation of our programs.
- Engage with our partners across the wealth and asset management business to contribute to the building of investment models, including individual securities, managed products, alternatives and SMA mandates
- Contribute to asset allocation discussions and investment model portfolio strategy, oversight and execution
- Partner with our financial advisors, portfolio managers and their teams to understand their unique needs and be a subject matter expert on our various platforms/programs and which best fit within their practice
- Develop a strategic plan and execute on a formal portfolio management and portfolio construction program as a part of our offering for our financial advisors, including, but not limited to:
- Provide guidance on model building and management in our advisor managed program
- Consult with advisors on the use and implementation of a new UMA program
- Educate on the capabilities of the portfolio management system
- Utilize investment tools and market research to make actionable recommendations to our advisors, including a detailed analysis of risk, return and diversification aspects of a model portfolio and/or and advisors’ book of business
- Aid in the recruitment of new advisors by outlining our portfolio management and portfolio construction consulting work
- Regularly collect feedback from advisors and determine how to continually grow and improve our platforms
- Minimum 15 years experience in financial services industry with experience related to investment platforms and advisor engagement
- CFA/CAIA/CIMA or MBA preferred
- Ability to set goals, work independently and get results
- Solid understanding of asset management business and investment products, guided portfolios/models
- Strong knowledge of institutional, adviser-assisted, retail and insurance distribution channels
- Experience with presentation development and delivery, especially to discretionary advisors and portfolio managers
- Ability to drive ideas from concept to completion through efficient project management and execution skills
What motivates you?
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit.
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile approach and enable business outcomes.
- You thrive in teams and enjoy getting things done together.
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters.
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up.
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
- We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
- We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
- We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
- We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Insurance CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs
- Management Consulting Insurance CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs
- Portfolio Management: Alternatives Insurance CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs
- Portfolio Management: Equities Insurance CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs
- Portfolio Management: Fixed Income Insurance CFA Charterholder Full Time Masters jobs