Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life in Singapore is the combination of AXA Singapore and HSBC Insurance. Here you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank.
Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life in Singapore we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our combined team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we will pursue efficient ways of working. We will harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. And the protection we offer will create broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Vice President, Actuarial Services. Principal Responsibilities
- Act as a deputy to Head of Participating ("Par") & Universal Life ("UL") Fund Management
- Manage and provide guidance to junior members in the team
- To assist the Head in all matters relating to the management of Par & UL business from perspective of policyholders' fairness
- Provide support to Par bonus and UL general crediting rate monitoring and declarations, including performing analyses and drafting paper for recommendation
- Maintain and review internal Par and Universal Life Fund management policies
- Responsible for preparing Management Information related to Par & UL fund management for various committees
- Provide support in other related special projects such as Par strategic solvency plan, UL new money rate etc.
- Opportunity to expose to/involve in the discussions and meetings with stakeholders from various departments and senior stakeholders within the organization
- Newly/Nearly Qualified Actuary from a recognized Actuarial examination body
- Min. 8 years and above of Actuarial experience, with some experience in Singapore Par Fund or Universal Life fund is preferred
- Good working knowledge of Prophet systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and complete projects within timeline
- Ability to work independently, work well with others as interaction with other departments may be required
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and positive attitude
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.