The Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) has circa 396,000 members, and over £60 billion in assets, we're one of the largest private pension schemes in the UK and in the top 50 worldwide. Established in 1974, we're entrusted by over 350 higher education sector employers to manage and administer the pension scheme and its investments through our two companies, Universities Superannuation Scheme Limited and USS Investment Management Limited.
Working with Higher Education employers to build a secure financial future for our members and their families.
The Investment Valuations team is looking for a modelling associate to help develop and improve the Investment Valuations team templates, tools, and documentation. The successful candidate will be expected to provide technical expertise, as well as proactively propose and implement solutions to address valuation process inefficiencies, working with a wide range of internal teams, and external data providers.
• Review existing valuation models (i.e., templates, tools, documentation) and data-related process
• Identify opportunities to leverage data sources, platforms, and technologies available in the organisation as well as external solutions
• Propose improvements to the valuation models and processes that are scalable in order to accommodate the growing asset base and increased internal valuations
• Manage the implementation of new / updated valuation model assets and process
• Create model and process documentation, and a process for maintaining and updating documentation
• Prepare presentations to stakeholders (Head of Finance, CFO, COO) on improvements made, including expected impact of improvements
• Embed modelling knowledge and best practice (in particular, version control, model risk management, modelling checks and controls) within the Investment Valuations team
• Support with the team's compliance of USS's model risk framework and model asset inventory
• On completion of the project, ensure comprehensive transfer of models and processes to the Investment Valuations team
• Demonstrable track record of financial modelling expertise and model risk management
• Demonstrable ability to solve problems with innovative solutions
• Experience within a Financial Services' consultancy / organisation beneficial
• Experience with data visualisation
• Excellent financial/valuation modelling capabilities
• Required: Excel, VBA, Python, Power BI / Tableau
USSIM is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We recognise the diverse lifestyles and priorities of our employees and have reflected this in in the company's Flexible Working Framework, which, wherever possible, supports employees to find a balance that works for them whilst ensuring we always put our members' interests first.