Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life in Singapore is the combination of AXA Singapore and HSBC Insurance. Here you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life in Singapore we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our combined team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC. Together we will pursue efficient ways of working. We will harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. And the protection we offer will create broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures."
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Assistant Manager, Credit Control. Principal Responsibilities
- Manage collection/liaising with on different channels of distribution which include but limited to Agency, Brokers, direct / internal distribution and Reinsurance Firms
- Plan Course of Action (COA) for recovery of outstanding premiums
- Oversee and lead a team of specialist and offshore team on Opening and closing financial activities and quality targets
- Conduct regular reviews on accounts and provide a holistic and factual view on the current state of aging portfolio. Able to make realistic recommendations and execution of plans
- Computation and submission to regulators and internal reporting team on doubtful debts numbers
- Administration of based / non based commissions and see through for pay out
- Liaise with auditors to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and standards
- Analyze unsettled balances from older years, identifying actions to be taken in reducing bad debt balances
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by Manager
- Prior experience in operational accounting
- Experience in leading teams, preferably in Credit Control / Accounts receivable settings
- Good knowledge of Insurance and Finance Operations duties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent team player
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.