Define key responsibilities to reflect the duties and responsibilities of this role.
Financial Markets Middle Office was set up in 2016 to deliver first class trade support, business enablement and accurate / timely trade representation in order to meet obligations to clients, counterparties and regulators. We are product and process subject matter experts aligned to the Global Financial Markets business providing follow the sun support, a continuous improvement mindset and industry connectivity.
Financial Markets Sales Support Middle Office in Standard Chartered Bank was established in 2023 to provide dedicated on-shore and value-added support to FM Investor Sales Team and enable sustainable strategic business growth, enhanced risk management practices at point of execution and contribute to Sales capacity creation. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book, reconcile, validate trader's executions (including but not limited to Rate Derivatives and listed, Bond, FX Derivatives.
• Own query remediation, trade life-cycling and other day-to-day processing, ensuring timely escalation, in order to minimise risk
• Understand the FX, listed, Bond and IR Derivatives lifecycle from front to back and be the subject matter expert and go-to person for the core systems processing
• Drive continuous improvement and innovate:
• Partner with Technology to deliver transformation
• Work with FO to identify booking model improvements and drive efficiency
• Face of Operations to Commodities Desk locally - primary point of contact:
• Insulate FM from post execution processing / queries, represent Operations functions
• Build team profile with the Front Office
• Stakeholder engagement, 2-way flow of information - "Trusted Advisor"
• New business enablement and solutions, partner to deliver strategic FM initiatives
• Constantly seek opportunities to improve global consistency, work closely with the Hubs (GBS) and other regions to close gaps and standardise processes.
• Build strong relationship with Hub teams (GBS) to facilitate efficient communications and speedy resolutions of issues:
• Identify and close knowledge gaps within the Hubs through hands on training
• Daily KPI monitoring vs SLA
• Engage with industry bodies and vendors to identify opportunities to enhances processes and systems and drive efficiency
• Be the subject matter expert for MIS, cost-per-trade, touch points per trade - drive their evolution and identify areas to proactively add value through improved data
• Be aware of, and strive to reduce, vendor costs
• Operations representation for external/internal and regulator scheduled audits:
• Ensure Audit points are addressed within time lines
• Achieve regulatory compliance and future proof the Middle Office model through a strong understanding of current rules and anticipation of upcoming regulations
• Adherence to Ops Risk Framework standards of implementation and process management:
• Continuous review of procedures and booking model
• Business alignment / Product expertise: Product specialists who understand business priorities and strategy, define optimal solutions leveraging industry leading facilities and influence behaviour through countenance
• Connect: Build bridges across the bank to simplify current operating model, create efficiencies and identify new opportunities
• Leadership and Market presence: Own your domain and influence product evolution, define internal standards and shape future utilities through selective industry positioning
• Risk Manager: Define the standard to effectively control the T-0 business day; understand regulations, key trends, and external incidents; voice opinions and concerns; protect the bank
• Subject matter expert of products in terms of product characteristics, risk, market data and P&L:
• Minimum 3 years Financial Markets experience ideally from a top tier bank
• Understanding of front to back process and systems flows
• University degree preferred
• Analytical and process improvement mindset
• Strong inter-personal skills:
• Confident communicator able to adapt style to Front Office and offshore colleagues
• Ability to influence demanding individuals
• Impact and gravitas to drive meetings with senior Ops and FO management
• Demonstrate strong teamwork and values mindset
• Thrive on working in fast paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
• Fast learner with the ability to think out of the box and provide solutions
• Knowledge of Murex preferable plus Commodities Products
• Proficient in Excel (pivots, lookups and basic VBA an advantage) About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers