Who are we?
Albourne is an industry leading investment consultant with offices around the globe. Our firm of 600+ employees provides advisory services to investors, including institutional investors, financial intermediaries and family offices, on over $700 billion of alternative investments across the liquidity spectrum. We specialize in Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate and Dynamic Beta.
Albourne empowers its clients by providing Portfolio Advice, Research (Investment, Operational and Quantitative due diligence), Analytics (data and tools) and Implementation (middle and back office) services. We are committed to non-discretionary advice, fixed free pricing and independence.
Albourne strives to be a sustainable company with three main goals: 1) Aspiring to be a multi-generational firm with broad internal ownership and a Partnership structure; 2) Treating our employees and clients fairly; and 3) Advocating for positive change for its benefit and for the alternative investment industry - best practices have always been a defining part of who we are.About the team
Operational Due Diligence ("ODD") is Albourne's largest investment function with over 135+ employees across North America, Europe and Asia.
We provide our clients with a thorough analysis of all non-investment related aspects of an investment manager's business and prepare a written research report which outlines risks and recommendations. This includes reviewing an investment manager's organization, investment operations, counterparty management, financing, valuation, information security, regulatory compliance, and employment practices.
As part of the ODD team, you will have the opportunity to review funds with a diverse mix of strategies. You will have access to work collaboratively with a large group of peers, and you will have the opportunity for self-development through access to Albourne's significant internal knowledge sharing resources and systems.The Role:
You will be responsible for assessing operational processes, identifying operational risks and recommending mitigating procedures to help address the risks. Analysis is delivered through written research reports which can be accessed directly by our clients. You will also be required to contribute to the ongoing development of Albourne's ODD services as well as future new initiatives. As individuals develop, there will be further opportunities to advance within the company and this position offers huge scope to learn about the alternative investment industry.Accountabilities:
- Evaluate assigned alternative investment funds and managers across all asset classes. Produce detailed written reports with an analysis of operational risk and internal controls.
- Ongoing monitoring of assigned funds and updating written reports to reflect changes to the operational risk for those funds.
- Lead onsite interviews with alternative investment firms to discuss operational risks and internal controls.
- Review and interpret financial statements, offering documents, and other fund literature.
- Conduct reference checks with service providers for completion of the relevant reports.
- Prepare clear, accurate, concise reports, in line with client and management deadlines.
- Liaise with clients and fund managers with respect to ODD inquiries.
- Develop and champion alternative investment industry "best practices" with respect to ODD. Stay current on industry standards and trends to help to facilitate knowledge transfer within the ODD group, the company, Albourne clients, and across the industry.
- Mentor Associate Analysts in Albourne's ODD process.
- Support business development activities and client interactions.
- Participate in project work to support the due diligence process and broader company initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador for Albourne at industry events.
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams and regions.
- Become an active idea contributor to client newsletter and internal intranet.
Benefits & Perks:
- 3 years prior ODD experience is preferred but not a requirement
- Strong academic background (Degree or equivalent qualification)
- Possession of professional qualification (e.g. CAIA, CFA, ACA) or interest in obtaining relevant professional qualification
- High level of writing proficiency
- Experience of report writing
- Proactive self-starter, proficient time management and multi-tasking
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel overseas
- Attend company events
- Comply with terms of Albourne Compliance Manuals
- Meet regulatory requirements
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Wellness program (fitness tracking device, classes)
- Life insurance
- Professional development support
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Tax-efficient benefits (cycle to work, season ticket loan, private medical insurance)
- Workplace pension scheme.
At Albourne we believe a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected.
All reasonable facilities will be provided for applicants and staff with disabilities to enable them to perform their roles.