Description About this role About this role
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization plays an important role as trusted business partners to businesses across the firm, supporting all analysis, reporting, and business planning needs. We produce budgets and forecasts, provide analytical insights to business partners to support decision making, inform resource allocation, and deliver economic insight into the relationships between revenues and costs to improve the financial success of the business going forward.
We are seeking an experienced Associate to join the FP&A team in New York. This position will partner closely with the Americas Institutional Business (AIB) . AIB encompasses our US Insti and DC channels in the US, as well as the Canada and LatAm regions. Candidates should have proven quantitative and analytical skills, a detailed oriented mindset, be able to multi-task and effectively manage priorities, clearly communicate results in writing and orally, and be a strong problem solver.
- Prepare periodic financial reports (i.e., weekly, monthly, quarterly) for senior management. Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the current reporting structure and develop innovative ways to assess business performance
- Drive and coordinate the budget, forecast and other key financial processes
- Provide financial insights to business partners both in written form and orally
- Participate in and/or lead team-wide projects, including financial modeling, ad hoc analysis, and delivery of automated solutions for reporting
- Build cohesive narratives in communicating results to senior management and present data in a simple and clear manner
- Collaborate with cross-functional businesses (Controllers, HR, Investor Relations, Corporate Strategy) and other Finance teams
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other quantitative fields
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an analytical and/or planning role
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications including expert skills in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, index match, data visualization); experience with IBM Cognos TM1 preferred, but not required; experience business intelligence tools like Tableau or Power BI preferred, but not required.
- Outstanding problem-solving, quantitative, and analytical skills
- Strong attention to the details
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written presentations and orally to senior leadership
- Proven track record of navigating a large organization
- A problem-solver who is comfortable contacting different parts of the organization
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a constantly evolving environment to meet tight deadlines
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectations setting, escalation of issues where appropriate
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in their work product
- Organized with strong follow-through and execution
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $104,500 - $120,000. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.