As an analyst/senior analyst, you will specialise in one of the more than 500 industries covered by our business information platform SPEEDA and form the vanguard of a diverse and talented team. This unique experience will help you sharpen your sector expertise, analytical skills, and report writing with work that has a truly global focus.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Producing and maintaining highly analytical industry reports on a specialised sector vertical, aimed at supporting business and investment decisions, with senior support and guidance
- Produce and maintain trend reports, provide insight into the changes driving major shifts in today’s business world. They are designed to shine a light on emerging business trends as well as current developments within existing industries fuelled by technological advancement, regulatory framework progress, and social issues
- Aid in product enhancement projects such as segment mapping and industry reorganisation outlines that require analyst expertise and collaboration with our team of Japanese analysts
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration (upper second class or higher from a top three local or top 100 international university, with First Class Honours preferred)
- Passed finalists/ members of CIMA, ACCA, or any other related qualification (having completed all subjects in the first sitting) from a recognized professional body.
- Work experience of around 1–2 years in industry or investment research will be required for an analyst role, while around 2–4 years is necessary for a senior analyst vacancy
- Strong interest in finance, economics, and investment research, and the ability to handle numerical analysis
- Independent thinker with the desire and ability to form their own opinions rather than indulging in group think
- Passion for creating high-quality written reports with the capacity to write clearly and succinctly
- Comfortable in working in a flexible and diverse environment
- Cooperative and considerate team mate with the ability to communicate openly and maturely by giving and receiving honest feedback
- Fluency in English – strong written and verbal skills
- Pay will be commensurate with education and experience