Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Accounting
Travel Percentage :
Location: Manchester City Centre Office - Hybrid Working option available
About the team
Our Segment Accounting team based in Manchester are responsible for the legacy Worldpay entities. The team prepare, analyse, and report the financial
results of the business in a well-controlled, accurate and timely manner. We work closely with the entire business to ensure we can meet our financial
commitments and performance targets. The key objectives are to deliver the numbers, help to grow the business and manage and control by ensuring we have good governance in place.
About the role
You are an expert career individual contributor; a Fully Qualified Accountant (or QBE) or a data reporting expert with a financial setting, typically with 5 - 7 years' accounting or reporting experience working within a high-volume data environment - as you are expected to become the subject matter expert for this unique and highly visible element of the financial statements
You will accurately reconcile and report $80m+ pm of revenue and costs from both automated and manual sources to create a monthly P&L. You should be an individual contributor responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of the monthly financial results for the Merchant Solutions (Acquiring) Segment.
Specific focus is on the reporting of Scheme Fees (and related Revenue, COS & Liability) and you should be a highly experienced professional with broad experience with knowledge of revenue control and reporting. You are expected to become the subject matter expert for this unique and highly visible element of the financial statements. As a senior member of the team, you will be a mentor for other staff and a role model for other team members providing direction and training when requested.
You are expected to work independently with minimal supervision on highly complex projects and will have extensive latitude for independent judgement. You will be assigned to the most highly visible, sensitive, and critical issues. As a key member of the financial control function, you will participate in the operation of financial control framework's and SOX controls.
What you will be doing
• Day-to-day financial control of payment processing (acquiring) scheme fees activity in the UK & Global eCom.
• Report and reconcile accurate data to deliver accurate timely monthly
financial results to FP&A.
• Be the subject matter expert for 'Acquiring Revenue Accounting', leading
complex issues resolution.
• Ensure accurate reporting of monthly Scheme Fee (circa $80m per month).
• Utilise advanced data tools to report and review complex process solutions.
• Be a mentor for others on staff and is a role model for rest of team providing direction and training when requested.
• Participate as a senior member of the team in strategic planning and direction.
• Development and monitoring of financial control and SOX framework across Merchant Solutions Revenue Segment.
• Key player and point of contact for audit of segment for: plan, deliver, and own audit delivery.
• Own and guide team on balance sheet reconciliations for revenue related activity.
• Be hands-on remediating risks on processes & controls with the support of SME's.
• Leader and subject matter expert for highly visible and sensitive elements of financial statements.
What you will need
• Ability to create and manage complex datasets & spreadsheets. (Previous work experience within high value T/O business, large volume reconciliations, responsibility for data analytics).
• Expert career individual contributor role: Fully Qualified Accountant typically with 5 - 7 years' Accounting experience working within a high-volume data environment or Data Reporting Expert within a financial role setting.
• Leader or expert in the field of data reconciliation, data reporting, sales and cost reporting practices, and procedures.
• Persistent, tenacious and single minded in approach to a particular topic as the role will require focus on a specific type of product.
• Skill in analytical and statistical examination for complex problem solving.
• Able to act independently to resolve highly complex problems and issues, delivering suggestion's and solutions.
• Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge.
• Ability to set an example, delivering complex projects, share ideas and implement process improvements, system changes, transactions etc.
Added bonus if you have
• Previous experience from a fast-paced demanding environment in the tech, fintech or service industry where financials, control's & processes are based on data and not physical product.
• Basic knowledge of SOX control environment.
• Willingness to work on a spectrum of tasks from the simple reconciliations to complex control's development.
• Ability to work with non-financial teams ( IT, operations etc) at all levels in analysing financial situations, through business partnering.
• Experience of working with a processes and process level documentation.
• Experience of working within a global or shared service finance function.
• Experience of working with Snowflake / SQL advantageous but not essential.
Skills required for the role
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to prepare financial reports and understand financial information
• Ability to work with entry-level and middle managers in analysing financial situations
• Ability to handle high pressure situations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to work in an organized manner and consistently follow-up on tasks
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, and public
What we offer you
We are as committed to growing our employees' careers as our own business. We offer:
• Opportunities to innovate in fintech
• Inclusive and diverse team atmosphere
• Professional and personal development
• Resources to contribute to your community
• Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.