VP, SPDA Real Estate Finance Group - SMBC
SPDA-REFG is responsible for the origination and execution of financings for Real Estate Finance (REF) transactions with supporting development of real estate business within JBAP in order to maintain/enhance marketing capability in close collaboration between JBAP and SPDA-REFG. As such, SPDA-REFG also seeks to utilise the specialised expertise to enhance revenues, increase number of customers across the regions.
Candidate will be expected to:
Candidate will be expected to:
- Undertake detailed credit and financial analysis of Real Estate Financing transactions. This will include creation and/or review of detailed financial modeling and sensitivity analysis and supporting the preparation and/or review of property memo and credit submissions jointly with other team members.
- Support marketing activities of senior team members by way of preparation of pitch documentation and performing industry and client research both for debt and advisory related transactions.
- Coordinate with relevant departments including Tokyo Head Office in risk analysis and setting of rules related to new business development.
- Be involved in client interaction and participate in client meeting, in particular for Japanese corporate clients, to explain historical and current market dynamics etc. in Japanese language. Also, to cooperate closely with relevant departments including Tokyo Head Office and regional department covering Japanese corporate client communicating in Japanese language. The position requires fluency in Japanese language.
- Undertake any tasks or projects so instructed by JBAP and SPDA
- Primary : Enhancing reputation of the bank by supporting the origination and execution of transactions with Japanese sponsor related clients, and develop strategies to enhance revenues in real estate sector working with JBAP across Asia Pacific region, which includes;
- Marketing and business planning related to real estate finance
- Support for business strategy development
- Support for deal sourcing and origination in collaboration with relevant departments across Singapore and Japan
- Meeting and discussing with customers (including writing call reports, etc.)
- Customer relationship enhancement support (study session, etc.)
- Supporting deal execution related to real estate finance
- Term sheet preparation
- Negotiation with customers
- Discussion with credit department
- Support credit application preparation
- Documentation (including contact with external lawyer)
- Information gathering and regulatory investigations
- Investigation of related law and regulations in Asia Pacific region
- Real estate market analysis including other banks' activities and investors' trends
- Regular information sharing with customers and relevant departments
- Secondary : Related tasks in SPDA-REFG, which will include;
- Provide thought leadership in preparing of team marketing materials, pitch-books and reports, to ensure successful promotion of the team's activities both internally and externally.
- Pro-actively suggest improvements, initiatives and new products to enhance output and value-add of SPDA-REFG.
- Attend internal meetings to gain and share information.
- Assist on department's administrative matters or any other matters instructed by REFG Group Head or SPDA Management.