Commercial Analyst role with a top notch commodity MNC based in town
- Has 2 to 5 years of relevant commercial analysis exp
- Has experience supporting business on decision points such as Pricing Strategy, Customer Prioritisation, Viewing Optimisation and Demand Forecasting
- Has advanced Business / Financial spreadsheet modelling experience
Our client is an established and renowned commodity MNC which is a global leader in its field. Its office is based in town. This is a perm role as a Sales & Commercial Analyst.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be tasked to assist the Commercial Department, as a key support of day-to-day decision making and long-term planning in the Auction Sales business.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Delivery of research, analysis and valuation work required to present up-to-date business market intelligence such as segmented supply-demand trends to inform and recommend key commercial decisions around purchasing, sales mix, channels, locations and pricing. Seniority of key stakeholders you will interact with range from peer-analysts to Senior Vice President level
- Delivery of Pricing Decision outcomes for Group Pricing Committee on a cyclical basis
- Supporting the publication of key internal reports for Cycle Planning, Reporting and Analysis, as well as key external reports for Financial and Business performance updates
- Consolidation and analysis of Auctions performance, including customer participation and bid data
- Preparation of fit-for-purpose and user-friendly dashboards to summarize the outcomes of analyses for decision-making forums
- Leading and participating in projects as required to improve the performance of the business
Skills & Personalities/Experience/Qualifications
- Degree in Commerce, Economics, Business, or similar disciplines with a focus on data analytics and insights, with around 2 to 5 years of relevant commercial/financial analysis experience.
- Professional qualifications (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CFA), or working towards above qualifications an advantage but not a must
- Advanced analytical and quantitative capability essential
- Experience using quantitative and analytical techniques and concepts such as Cost-Benefit, Linear Regression, Supply-demand curves etc will be useful but not a must
- High proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Experience in Business Intelligence & Visualization tools such as Microsoft Azure, Salesforce, especially PowerBI etc will be highly advantageous (but not a must)
Skills & Personalities
- Results-oriented with strong commercial acumen
- Can-do attitude with strong and creative problem-solving ability
• Excellent attention to detail, with ability to synthesize data and present in a clear and concise manner
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
- Team player able to collaborate with stakeholders across organizational and cultural boundaries
- Disciplined and able to work independently
- Able to prioritise and work effectively to meet tight deadlines
- Adaptable and quick to gain familiarity and mastery with new and complex topics
To apply, pl send your cv in word doc to firstname.lastname@example.org . Pl also include details on your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CAP Consulting (EA license: 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA Registration: R1105649)
Date ad is posted -17 May 2023