Senior Manager - Chief of Staff Office - Global Markets
As Barclays Senior Manager - Chief of Staff Office - Global Markets, you will be a part of Global Markets Chief of Staff Office supporting the Global Markets Chief of Staff in running managerial and administrative processes for the Global Markets business, as well as, drafting standing and ad-hoc reports, developing data analysis, presentations, and commentary to support the Co-Heads of Global Markets in their economic decision-making.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
• Assisting the Global Markets Chief of Staff in preparing and organising management business reviews and other management forum, including Global Markets management meetings
• Running standard management processes and proactively flagging and realizing opportunities for their continuous improvement and optimisation
• Drafting briefing materials to prepare the Co-Heads of Global Markets ahead of meetings with Board members, senior management, direct reports, infrastructure partners, regulators etc
• Producing presentations and talking points to support the Co-Heads of Global Markets in regular colleague communications, including Town Halls and all-colleague calls
• Analysing benchmarking intelligence to assess relative performance versus peers and opportunities for growth
• Owning, maintaining, and continuously improving action trackers and business performance scorecards
• Taking minutes in governance forum and liaising with stakeholders across the firm to track action to completion
• Liaising with executive assistants to ensure a well-run and efficient schedule for the Co-Heads of Global Markets, as well as rigorous compliance with SMR requirements
What we're looking for:
• Business related degree, ideally MBA
• Previous experience working at Management Consulting firm or Corporate Strategy function at a Bank within Banking and/or Markets
• Solid experience dealing with stakeholders across all seniority levels, taking ownership of process and co-ordinating communications materials for Co-Heads of Global Markets
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office tools for reporting and presentation purposes
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Working knowledge and solid grasp of Markets and traded Credit products
• Direct experience of working with Trading & Sales
• Familiarity with the financial regulatory landscape
• Experience working on projects focusing on Banking Financial Services
Where will you be working?
In the heart of Canary Wharf, our headquarters at Churchill Place boasts onsite amenities such as; a gym, staff restaurant and deli bar, and is easily accessible by tube and bus links. With a population of around 5000 staff the atmosphere is second to none with a real buzz being created around the offices within.