Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank's risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
This is a role in Market & Liquidity Risk, covering market risk controls and reporting for the Treasury & Markets business. Responsibilities
- Manage and develop the teams performing the market risk control and reporting functions for the Treasury & Markets business, including oversight of market risk in the branches and subsidiaries.
- Partner the business to understand their trading strategies, review their new product proposals, and ensure that risks are proactively identified and appropriately managed. This will include forward-looking identification of emerging macro-economic risks and regulatory changes that could impact the business.
- Communicate and explain the risks and implications, in a clear and concise manner, to various stakeholders such as the board, senior management, regulators and auditors.
- Participate in various business, risk and control committees and forums within the bank and provide effective and constructive challenge to the business and other support or control functions.
- Drive the automation and digitalisation of the reporting processes and enable a data-driven approach for market risk management and control.
- Minimum 12 - 15 years of relevant experience in market risk management and control, or related functions.
- Excellent communicator with strong influencing skills.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to manage conflicts/complex situations.
- Good understanding of markets and financial products and the associated risks.
- Data driven mindset with ability to draw and formulate insights from data.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.