Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Product/Platform specialist - FX and Derivatives. Principal Responsibilities
This is a role within the Global Product team with coverage of the Singapore region. You would be responsible for executing a growth strategy in Singapore, aligned to team and group priorities. In this role you will report to the Global Head of Pdt Mgt & Platforms (Derives, Structured Products and FX).
You would be responsible for developing an in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of our capabilities and an understanding of the firm's products and services, the marketplace and client needs.
The role will involve increasing adoption and utilization of our solutions by our clients and new prospects. You will use demonstrations and presentations, your in-depth knowledge of the market / competitive landscape and subject-matter expertise to identify the right solutions for clients to address specific client needs.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across functions and regions to deliver end-to-end solutions on products and platforms impacting FX, Derivatives and Structured Products business in Singapore
- Have familiarity with the execution workflow of the FX and Structured Products business, understand potential customer needs within Wealth and independently able to design schemas / solutions and run them past the management
- Have a good understanding of Agile methodology and work with transformation and tech teams in timely implementation of client solutions
- Strong product knowledge across the Derivatives and Structured Products domain is preferred
- Identify cross functional change opportunities and validate assumptions through advanced use of data analytics and other tools
- Help in the build of next-gen infrastructure with strong foundations in data driven solutions and application of AI / ML tools within the business process workflow
- Assist Senior Product Managers and Platform owners in driving through product backlogs and getting them prioritized on schedule
- Track and report user engagement, adoption metrics across various digital platforms and be able to create reports and presentations explaining business expansion objectives in key lines of business in Singapore
- Have a good grasp of regulations and compliance requirements impacting the FX and Structured Products business within Singapore
Regulatory and business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by group's values and code of conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and group code of conduct
- Lead the business to achieve the standards as set out in the Bank's Conduct principles: Fair outcomes for clients; Financial Crime Prevention; the right environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Degree holder with minimum 6 years of relevant experience, preferably in a trading or a tech-focused environment as a Product or Business Analyst
- Strong communications skills (written and oral), be able to showcase logical thinking and have a strong intellectual curiosity to improve
- Proficiency with MS Power-point, Word, Excel VBA with a good grasp of Python or Java will be preferable
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and commitment
- Meticulous and systematic with an eye for detail
- Self-starter with good business acumen, independent and able to rise up to challenges and manage stringent delivery timelines
- Highly collaborative, able to simplify complex problems and not afraid to take thoughtful risks
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.