When you work with the UK's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
SVB UK (backed by HSBC) is the banking partner to the UK's leading innovators and investors: we support the growth of startups, scaleups, and technology corporates along with the UK's investor, Venture Capital and Private Equity community.
Our clients come to us for our deep industry knowledge, expansive network and unique experience helping innovative companies within the UK grow and succeed. They stay because our diverse, passionate and enterprising teams make a real difference to their business.
Join us and help us bring our clients' game-changing ideas to life.
We believe that diverse perspectives and inclusive environments ignite new ideas and power innovation. This is why we are building a culture of belonging with a workforce that reflects the markets we serve.THE ROLE
This senior FX Sales Trader role sits at the heart of the SVB Market Risk Solutions team involved in understanding, delivering and executing the full range of FX products to meet identified customer needs and achieve growth across SVB UK's markets business in EMEA.
The role will report directly into the Head of Sales Trading, Market Risk Solutions and be accountable for FX activities within the Global Funds Banking (GFB) client segment.
As well as developing and running their own client portfolio through the active management of existing relationships and prospective opportunities, the individual will support the broader team in all daily sales trading activities (order management, trade input, query resolution with FX operations and other related activities), business development, reporting and strategic projects such as new product development.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Skills and Requirements:
- - Responsibility for the GFB portfolio and the Sales Traders focused on that segment, including developing sales strategies to enable delivery of target for that portfolio, managing and developing the portfolio of assigned clients from sales origination through to execution.
- - FX Sales Trading- Booking of FX deals with clients through channels, over the telephone and managing the associated market risk.
- - Portfolio Management- Actively managing and developing the portfolio of assigned clients from sales origination through to execution
- - Business development- Assisting the desk liaison with the relationship and product teams to identify and realise all market sales and cross-selling opportunities.
- - Utilizing internal and external reports to identify new sales opportunities while analysing client activity to develop business intelligence for the team
- - Meeting preparation e.g. external and internal company research to support client discussions
- - Assisting the management of SVB UK's market risk arising from the trading desk's daily activity.
- - Lead on the development and regular production of Management Information to the Head of Sales Trading and relationship teams, in support of desk activity and initiatives.
- - Develop solutions to enable SVB UK to support client risk management needs.
- - Adhering to and keeping up to date with all internal and external controls, compliance and regulatory requirements
- - Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience. CF30 Qualifications or equivalent e.g. CISI Capital Markets Programme Modules.
- - Work Experience: Previous/current FCA registered trading experience with a consistent track record of successful trading performance. Experience required in building and developing client relationships / walletshare / new business.
- - Experience and a deep understanding of the fund sector desired.
- - Experience crafting thought leadership and developing market profile in a regulated environment.
- - Communication Skills: The individual must have excellent communication and presentation abilities, including strong written and verbal skills and the ability to explain issues and decision as well as strategy both internally and externally. The individual must be an excellent listener, who works to understand the needs of others.
We know that some people may be put off from applying for a role if they don't meet all elements of a job description. If you're in this camp but think you can make a difference to our business, then why not give us a try?
We pride ourself on our approach to workforce flexibility. Talk to us about where, when and how you want to work which will enable you to bring your 'A' game to work
SVB UK is an equal opportunities employer. If you need adjustments for any part of the recruitment process, please contact us at emeaTA@svb.com
SVB UK is a UK standalone independent commercial bank, regulated by the PRA and backed by HSBC Group.