Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life in Singapore is the combination of AXA Singapore and HSBC Insurance. Here you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank.
Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life in Singapore we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our combined team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we will pursue efficient ways of working. We will harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. And the protection we offer will create broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Senior Digital QA & Testing Manager . Principal Responsibilities
- Building a high-performance team in accordance with the principles of the QA & Test capability in WPB Channels Transformation
- Supervision and direct leadership of WPB Channels Transformation QA & Test capability
- Escalation points for project issues and concerns
- Supporting the delivery production line (development, testing and implementation) ensuring digital deliverables meet business requirements and are fit for purpose to release to customers
- Contribution to the delivery of all flagship Group Transformation Programmes specifically those in WPB Channels Transformation and the broader WPB (Customer & Products landscape)
- Oversee internal business user engagement in business acceptance activity, particularly with internal facing applications
- Oversee and Lead transition to agile within the testing discipline
- Work with external data sources and industry trends to ensure that cross browser and device coverage accurately reflects customer usage, standardizing this but accounting for any specific regional anomalies
- Indirect leadership of vendor and partner resource that is part of the capability
- Management of business acceptance activity for the CTB/RTB portfolio of projects and initiatives across WPB Channels Transformation
- Define and implement training and development plan for own team and encompassing accreditation with robust approach to performance management that leads to high performance culture
- Operate within WPB QA & Testing and broader Channels Transformation governance structures
- Identification of key risks, issues and interdependencies and providing appropriate mitigation strategies or escalating as appropriate
- Develop clear governance procedures within the QA & Test discipline
- Support audit / independent programme assessments as required
- Ensure HSBC is not put at any operational or reputational Risk
- Must have strong knowledge and hands-on experience working on Life Ins. Policy Admin, strong understand of policy lifecycle & various business processes involved
- Experience in eBAO PAS or any Life Insurance PAS and insurance products are must
- Possess strong understanding and exposure in life insurance operations and procedures (e.g. onboarding, policy admin and policy servicing) would be an advantage
- Previous working experience in insurance migration projects would be an advantage
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Agile delivery and the role the Test / QA discipline plays
- Personnel experience in customer focused organizations, in disciplines such as digital, HTS or change management
- Strong performance management and team development skills
- Good knowledge and experience of testing process and practice
- The ability to quickly understand customer and operational considerations
- Awareness of User Centered Design methodology, and strong customer focus
- Excellent understanding of project methodology, frameworks, and best practice
- Subject Matter Expertise of channel, including technical, commercial, marketplace and customer considerations
- Innovative - the ability to approach things differently or do different things to deliver goals.
- Experience of process improvement and LEAN thinking methodologies
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.