- JN -052023-1938666
- May 26, 2023
- £65k - £70k
This Big 4 firm is looking to recruit a Manager into their Indirect Tax compliance team. The role would ideally be based in Birmingham, but candidates could also be considered in London, Watford or Le
This Big 4 firm is looking to recruit a Manager into their Indirect Tax compliance team. The role would ideally be based in Birmingham, but candidates could also be considered in London, Watford or Leeds. The compliance team is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance and integrated advisory services, working across an unrivalled range of prestigious clients. The team provide clients with Indirect tax compliance services globally with a key focus in EMEA.
You will be responsible for the review of draft indirect tax returns using indirect tax tchnologies. You will be allocated to a portfolio of clients in order that high quality returns are produced and client relationships are developed to maximum potential. You will be responsible for liaising with clients and the wider firm in order to ensure quality and timely delivery. Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to work on ad-hoc global Indirect Tax compliance projects, wider Indirect Tax process projects and assisting clients on issues such as overseas registrations, e-filing, potential impact of new overseas Indirect Tax legislation and tax authority audit support etc.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to build global VAT technical skills, global Indirect Tax compliance awareness and the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments. This is an excellent platform for furthering your career within Indirect Tax and opportunities for training are available.
Responsibilities will include:
- Dealing with client financial data and processing into indirect tax technologies
- Reviewing the client specific exception reports produced by the technology
- Managing deliverable and contractual scope to ensure delivery against compliance obligations
- VAT technical and accounting review of draft returns and client specific exception reports;
- Liaising/managing the appropriate client personnel;
- Keeping up to date with legislation and practical changes which impact VAT compliance;
- Managing financials
- Monitoring relevant tax legislation and ensuring VAT processes accommodate technical requirements.
- Developing and maintaining the client relationship for a portfolio of clients
- Understanding client processes and identifying opportunities to help client's further
Successful candidates will need to possess and demonstrate a broad range of capabilities and skills, including good VAT technical knowledge with EMEA VAT experience preferred. You will need to have strong communication skills and the ability to work within a strict timetable and deadlines.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.