Manager, Data Engineer, Group Technology
Posting Date: 29-May-2023
Alexandra Building, Singapore, Singapore
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end software development and support for all work related to projects, quarterly change requests, L3 production fixes. This includes software product implementation and administration, application design, development, implementation, testing and support. You will be expected to work on Data team. You will also be responsible for quality assurance of the team's delivery in conformance with the Bank-defined software delivery methodology and tools. You will partner with other technology functions to help deliver required technology solutions.
- Create frameworks, technical features which helps in faster operationalisation of Data models, Analytical models(including AI/ML) and user generated contents (dashboards, reports etc)
- Effectively partner with citizen data scientists in enabling faster adoption of AL/ML model based systems
- Independently install, customise and integrate software packages and programs
- Carry out POCs involving new data technologies
- Design and develop application frameworks for data integration
- Create technical documents such as solution design, program specifications for target solutions
- Perform design and development of applications which may not be limited to: Software Applications, Data Integration, User Interfaces, Automation
- Maintain and recommend software improvements to ensure a platform centric management of software applications
- Performance tuning
- Work with production support team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
- Perform tasks as part of a cross functional development team using agile or other methodologies and utilising project management software
Hands-on experience in implementing large scale data warehouse & analytics platforms in financial services industry with good functional knowledge of products & services offered in Retail bank / Wholesale / Global Markets covering some of the following analytics domains:
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data mapping for Data Warehouse and Data Marts solutions
- Expertise in FSLM or similar industry models
- Experience in functional domain - Retail , Wholesale, Compliance , Digital
- Experience in analytics - Retail Analytics
- Expertise in design of role based fine grained access control
- Designing cloud ready data solutions, Virtualization
- Expertise in implementing Teradata based EDW and Data mart solution using ETL tool such as (Informatica Power Centre, BDM), GCFR based framework, BTEQ scripts
- Expertise in implementing Hadoop based Data mart using Spark based framework (Java, Scala, Pyspark)
- Good knowledge and working experience in data loading into Teradata using different load pattern (TPT, MLOAD, FAST Load), data compression (MVC, BLC)
- Expertise in implementing Data Governance tools; Data Lineage (eg: Informatica MM, EDC), Business Glossary and Data Quality
- Expertise in implementing Reference data management (Data standardization, Hierarchy maintenance) using tools (eg: MDM,RDM)
- Good knowledge and working experience in Teradata FSLM or similar industry standard data model
- Expertise in Cloudera CDH / CDP components
- Good knowledge in developing Spark based ingestion framework (Java, Scala, Pyspark)
- Experience in building and operationalising feature pipeline to support AI/ML model execution, data pipelines for supporting large scale data warehouse/data marts
Any 2 to 3 of the below technical certifications:
• Cloudera Hadoop distribution - Hive, Impala, Spark, Kudo, Kafka, Flume
• Teradata - Bteq, Query Grid, GCFR, MDM, Data Mover, BAR
• Informatica Data Integration - PC, IDR, BDM, MM, IDQ, EDC
• Data modelling tools (Erwin)
• Microsoft - R
• Data science workbenches - Cloudera Workbench, Jupyter, DataRobot, H2O.AI, IBM DSX
• Data Virtualization tool (Denodo, Dremio)
• Language - SQL, Java, Python, Scala, Pyspark
• Automation / scripting - CtrlM, Shell Scripting, Groovy
Good to have for added advantage:
1. CI/CD software, Testing Tools - Jenkins, SonarQube
2. Version Control Tool - Aldon+LMe, CA Endeavor
3. Deployment Tool kit -Jenkins
4. Service or Incident Management (IcM) Tools - Remedy
5. Source Code Repository Tool - Bitbucket
6. Scheduling Tool - Control-M
7. Defect Management Tool - JIRA
8. Application Testing tool - QuerySurge
9. Cloud certification
10. Platforms provided by FICO, Experian, SAS for credit and portfolio management
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.