Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life in Singapore is the combination of AXA Singapore and HSBC Insurance. Here you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank.
Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life in Singapore we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our combined team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we will pursue efficient ways of working. We will harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. And the protection we offer will create broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures."
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Manager, Credit Control. Principal Responsibilities
- The role holder will be involved in the financial operations of HSBC Life (Singapore) Pte. Limited as well as various ad hoc projects
- He/she will work closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders including the CFO, actuaries, onshore and offshore teams and other finance functions as well as personnel from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to ensure that all reporting requirements are met to the highest standards and within the strict deadlines imposed by HSBC Head Office and MAS
- This role offers a good learning and development opportunity for the right individual with exposure to the Insurance Finance BAU processes across the region. It also provides a platform to broaden and strengthen the candidate's knowledge of both business processes and activities as well as gain experience in a First Line of Defense controls
- Managing teams local / offshore on credit controlling activities
- Work with various stakeholders in ensuring the quality of data that flows into the general ledger
- Assistance in strengthening controls around the general ledger substantiation process
- Hands the cash management bank accounts
- Implementation of end user controls
- Collaboration with Group, Regional and other impacted stakeholders to implement processes to support embedding of FLOD (First Line of Defence) roles and responsibilities, including being involved in change initiatives
- Guidance and support to the Finance team on a wide range of issues
- Collaboration with the Finance Management team to understand the risks involved and support the Assurance Reviews accordingly to ensure there is coverage of key controls
- Background in Finance preferred with Finance operations experience.
- Detailed understanding of cash management
- Detailed understanding of MAS Regulations
- Understanding of the relevant internal risk management framework including operational risk policies, SOX framework and knowledge of regulatory environment in the financial services sector
- Ability to provide structure and solutions to problematic areas, to challenge information presented, providing explanations to ensure that agreement is reached by both parties
- Ability to multitask and manage various stakeholders as well as competing deadlines
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.