At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role: Senior Project Change Manager - Fixed term contract (24 months)
Within a change portfolio in M&G Wealth, this role will be responsible for delivery of change projects. You will have end to end responsibility to ensure outcome(s) are delivered within the agreed perimeters, often working closely with teams in Design, IT, Proposition, Ops, Finance and 3rd parties to shape and plan the overall delivery of the desired business outcomes. The role requires experience in managing change projects, ideally within Financial Services (Wealth Management, Platforms, Advice etc), and in Agile delivery methods. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
- Takes end to end responsibility for the delivery of the project, ensuring clear agreement on the required outcomes and realisation of the benefits as defined in the business case.
- Shapes the project to drive optimum delivery of outcomes, including planning at the level appropriate to the complexity of the programme and structuring and sequencing an appropriate set of initiatives.
- Builds and leads the delivery team effectively, including monitoring all 3rd party delivery and dependencies ,and is the point of escalation for the most significant issues.
- Monitors and reviews all project delivery and economics, including deliverable production, costs, staffing requirements and resources.
- Ensures appropriate and effective monitoring, assurance and governance arrangements in place, supported by appropriate reporting.
- Articulates and manages the overall risk exposures in the project, driving a common understanding amongst stakeholders and effecting appropriate trade-offs to reduce risk exposure and increase confidence in the programme.
- Manages senior stakeholders and proactively communicates to ensure direction, scope and progress of the programme is understood and transparent.
- Understands the principles of business transformation and is able to translate these principles into business/people change activities and project/programme deliverables.
- Experience working in fast paced agile environments.
- Experience of managing and working in cross functional teams (including partners).
- Experience of monitoring and reporting in a project environment
- Experience of delivery through a full project lifecycle
- Experience of managing stakeholders across a range of business areas and different levels
- Experience of project governance and producing quality project documentation to meet governance standards
- Working knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Working knowledge of financial services regulation and legislation frameworks
- Working knowledge of risk management principles and their impacts on projects
- Working knowledge of project methodologies, planning processes and techniques
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.