Altus Partners has partnered with a growing Private Equity firm that is looking to bring on a Financial Analyst to join a growing team and work directly with the Controller and CFO. The business is going through an exciting growth phase with the team growing across all functions. The business is currently fundraising and are looking to come to the first close before July with the scope to already start deploying capital. The role will support the team and senior management in the implementation and development of the internal controls and functions for the finance and portfolio functions whilst working alongside the deals team in transaction and structuring support. THE ROLE:
The role will be joining a growing team and will work directly with the Manager and CFO. The role does have a broad remit across all aspects of fund finance, portfolio management, transaction support, management company and internal controls. The role offers the opportunity to join a growing finance team and develop a strong understanding of Private Equity.
- Detailed review of investment valuations and cashflows at portfolio level
- Analysis of investment performance to deliver performance analysis.
- Management of complex underlying investment structures.
- Tracking progress of new investments to ensure funding and reporting requirements are appropriately managed.
- Working closely with the investment team to ensure daily cash management and forecasting
- Collaborating with FX trading counterparties and leverage providers in order to execute FX trades, manage loan facility utilisations and negotiate transaction terms.
- Oversight of fund administrators to ensure fund reporting is accurate
- Review of quarterly fund accounts and investor capital account statements prepared by the fund administrator.
- Assist the Manager and CFO with Management company finance
- Assistance with preparation and review of regulatory and compliance reporting requirements
- Annual audit process for both the funds and the management companies.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / or equivalent)
- Newly qualified - 2 Yrs PQE
- Experience in Private Equity through audit or fund administration.
- Understanding of Private Markets valuations is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to develop relationships
- A team player who can manage different workstreams during busy periods
- Strong experience in Excel, Power BI etc.