Our client is known for their high ranking Fixed Income products and they have a rare opportunity for an analyst to join their Emerging Markets Sovereign and Currency team. They are looking for someone who can do research as well as code as the role is split 70% research and 30% quant back up for the quant analyst in the team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an exceptional business that promises great career trajectory. Successful candidates will need to express gravitas, be extremely professional and efficient.The role:
- Investment research and idea generation; Cover Frontier Economies, with a focus on Africa
- Complete analysis and research to assist in the Portfolio Managers' investment framework and decision-making process
- Support tool development
- Trade execution and implementation of investment strategies across client portfolios
- Dealing with large sets of Data for the team and identifying opportunity and trade ideas
- Re-adjusting portfolios when necessary; managing portfolio inflows and outflow
- Produce and verify periodic and ad hoc reports of client investment positions and transactions in accordance with agreed format, data content and scheduling requirements
- Ensuring investment integrity across the portfolio; work through high volumes, prioritise and manage workloads according to risk or deadlines.
- Ideally CFA qualified.
- Strong academic background
- High level of interest in investments and Fixed Income markets is essential.
- At least 3 years' experience coming from a Fixed Income Analyst or PM background essential
- Strong communication skills and ability to hold a debate
- Intellectual curiosity
- Keen demonstrable interest in programming languages: Python and R