Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (RGA), a Fortune 500 company, is among the leading global providers of life reinsurance and financial solutions, with approximately $3.4 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $84.6 billion as of June 30, 2022. Founded in 1973, RGA today is recognized for its deep technical expertise in risk and capital management, innovative solutions, and commitment to serving its clients. With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, and operations around the world, RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, health reinsurance, facultative underwriting, product development, and financial solutions.
RGA’s culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
RGA Investments is a global asset manager based in St. Louis, with operations in London, Hong Kong and Singapore; in addition, ReCap Commercial operates in North America. We drive value creation by managing over $67 billion of assets globally for our in-force businesses and supporting future growth through customized portfolio solutions. RGA Investments includes seven core areas: Global Portfolio Management, Investment Solutions, Credit Research and Trading, Commercial Real Estate, Private Debt and Equity, Strategic Execution, and Investment Operations.
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Execution will assist with various investment projects key to the strategic plan. The role will provide project support across Investments assisting dedicated teams in improving processes and results by developing process enhancements across complex business initiatives. The role will also promote collaboration across investments as well as with our business partners throughout the organization while fostering a culture and environment to achieve excellence and innovation.
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Execution will:
Have a strong working knowledge of all functions within Investments while building strategic partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders Assist with strategic initiatives through project management that address critical Investment needs, working across a variety of diverse teams/functions Assist with prioritization and influence collaboration with groups across the organization, including change management coordination Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Investments’ front, middle, and back office as well as with RGA corporate partners (ie, IT, Accounting, Structured Finance, etc) to ensure clear communication of Investment related issues Lead and develop process enhancements and/or tools Gain a knowledge of existing investment- related systems and software (ie Investment Data Warehouse, BRS Aladdin, Bloomberg, etc) Assists and/or manages in the coordination for the Investments intern pool Participate in special projects, committees, and meetings as required Maintain regular and predictable attendance Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field, AND 5+ years of relevant investment related work experience
- Master’s, MBA, ASA, or FSA AND 2+ years of relevant investment related work experience
- CFA designation or demonstrable understanding of fixed income investing Experience in insurance asset management PMP or experience in project management
Skills & Abilities:
- Advanced investigative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in an environment with multiple concurrent projects, managing project-based workflow within demanding time frames and adapt quickly to new methods
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Technology savvy, programming, and process improvement/automation skills
- Advanced ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Basic knowledge of portfolio and fixed income analytics
- Excel/VBA, Bloomberg and BlackRock Solutions skills
- Basic Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Strong ability to initiate, think outside the box, execute, and bring ideas to fruition
- Ability to work well individually with little supervision as well as within