Job description Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Manager of Suitability. Principal Responsibilities
Investment Suitability MI
- Responsible to prepare the Asia Suitability Governance Committee monthly meeting pack, minutes and track action items
- Review suitability exceptions and following up with key stakeholders and track the completion on closing the exceptions
- Produce Investment Suitability Management Information and play an integral part in monitoring the suitability risks
- Review and Update of Investment Suitability Policies
- Assist in reviewing and enhancing suitability related policies and procedures
- Provide administrative support to enable new policies for implementation
Liaison with Auditors & Regulators
- Maintain internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Ad-hoc Requests from Business and/or Asia Head of Investment Suitability
- Provide administrative and management support to the Regional Head of Suitability enabling him to execute the various changes and enhancement to the regional suitability framework
- Relevant years of experience in private banking and financial markets
- Good knowledge or background in risk, controls, audit and/or wealth management financial products and services
- Strong understanding of issues / challenges faced by RMs and ICs
- Creative approach to problem solving and yet complying with internal policies and procedures
- Challenge existing procedures to drive improvements and streamline processes
- Strong understanding of relevant regulatory rules and requirements on private banking
- Strong analytical skills with focus on details
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in decision making practices
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Strong co-ordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree or above in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or related field
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC. www.hsbc.com/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.