Job description Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Account Manager. Principal Responsibilities
An Account Manager (AM) has relationship management responsibilities and provides Independent Asset Managers ["IAM"] comprising External Asset Managers ("EAM") and Multi-Family Office ("MFO") entities and also their managed end-Clients with day to day support on all banking needs. IAM clients are Institutional Clients with Institutional servicing needs. The jobholder is expected to work closely with the IAM Relationship Managers (RMs) to provide support and service to IAM relationships, to establish new IAMs and end-Client relationships; and grow existing relationships in a Group and regulatory policy compliant manner.
The IAM AM reports to the IAM Desk Head.
- The AM is a co-partner to the IAM RM and has relationship management responsibilities of on-boarded IAMs. The AM engages on-boarded IAMs regularly to drive revenue and also the continual boarding of new end-Clients from these existing IAM relationships
- Provide co-partnership to RMs to on-board new IAMs and all aspects of service delivery, including and not exhaustive to client meetings, call reports, all documentation, smooth running of existing accounts etc. in a Group and regulatory compliant manner
- Provide investment communication and engagement with IAMs on products and investment ideas
- Key handler for the booking and reporting of investments transactions for the end-Clients
- Coordinate and align internal and external stakeholders (product & credit specialists, CMB, GBM etc.) given the institutional nature of IAMs
- Be involved in tasks relating to the strategic, conceptual and operational development of our IAMs
- Maintain strong understanding of the team's IAM and end-client's KYC and CDD requirements
- Work closely with RMs to drive business consistent with GPB and HBAP business initiatives without losing sight of potential red flags on FCC
- Good ability to communicate in written and verbal from
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills for client contact and problem solving
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills combined with the ability to quickly understand complex business topics
- Team player with a high level of flexibility and initiative
- Good knowledge of the PB platform and multi-tasking ability
- Service and client orientation, enthusiasm for the daily contact with the IAMs
- Attention to detail and the ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Certificates in CACS Paper 1 & 2
- Bilingual language skills appropriate to country market/regional coverage preferred
To be considered for this role, the relevant rights to work in Singapore is required.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regards to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.