Who we are looking for
A seasoned financial services data professional with a solid background in data management. An experienced people manager and proven leader of (onshore/offshore) teams. The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth and well controlled running of the instrument admin and asset pricing functions. Providing managerial oversight and risk management to the daily book of work and change portfolio and comprehensive support to the analysts. In addition to effectively review the operational risk landscape and provide reporting and escalation to senior management about possible risk events, whilst taking appropriate actions to mitigate the risk. Team and organisational performance to be monitored and reported to senior management through a developing library of key metrics. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Instrument Data and Pricing Manager, Vice President you will
What we value
- Manage the Instrument Data and Asset Pricing functions ensuring all processes are completed in line with service level agreements/expectations
- Ensure that the department procedures are kept current and written to a high quality in line with organisational standards
- To ensure new instruments/processes are fully investigated and tested prior to acceptance/implementation
- To own the end-to-end business process for both technical and manual sourcing of prices for all securities and exchange traded derivatives. To identify weaknesses in the control and escalation processes and take proactive steps to address these gaps with internal stakeholders
- Robust and proactive management with external counterparties and internal global operational teams to resolve issues. Ensure SLA's are managed and are in line with expectations globally.
- Responsible and accountable for all issues including the provision of timely and efficient client service. Strive for excellent Client Service. Escalation of issues in line with company policy and business judgement.
- Apply management principles to ensure optimal performance throughout function; ensure appropriate skills are developed and maintained at all levels of responsibility and realign structure/staff responsibilities to meet desired changes in organisation.
- To be flexible in attitude towards day to day processes and issues, also to changing market practices and the ever changing requirements of the business. Create a sense of urgency for change. Maintain a positive attitude towards change.
- Lead from the front to drive delivery, whilst sustaining the provision of analytical rigor without getting overly caught up in the detail.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate business/organisation information through team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication. To have a well-defined communication and engagement model in place to achieve this.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among the team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organisation and that emphasises the identified mission, vision, and values of the global function and organisation.
- Challenge assumptions and adapt, or generate, imaginative and innovative ideas.
- Accountable for ensuring operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigated. Ensure senior stakeholders are briefed, updated and where appropriate enrolled in the management and control of key risks.
- Strive for excellence in people management, displaying an empathic leadership style, leading by example, and using this to coach and support a team expected to deliver high standards.
- Providing line management, coaching and guidance to your staff/team, and ensuring this flows throughout the team. Role model the leadership behaviours as a member of the management team.
- Robust sponsorship of projects/initiatives. Provide leadership and planning for the future infrastructure, proposing new directions and technologies, driving analysis of said technologies to determine feasibility of adoption.
- To produce Management Information, analyse and identify trends in deliverables and volumes
- Complete ad hoc duties pertinent to the role as and when required
- To actively seek to understand and satisfy internal and external client requirements
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years data management / pricing or broader Operations experience with a financial Institution
- Experience of end-to-end data lifecycle for instruments, funds, counterparty and reference data in data systems
- Experience of managing a similar function
- Extensive experience in business analysis, process improvement and change management.
- Experience of managing multiple initiatives/projects within a complex professional environment and delivering demonstrable business benefits.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving management environment with many often conflicting demands.
- Ability to influence change in a positive manner.
- Evidence of high degree of independent judgment for decision making and problem solving.
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to demonstrate being able to translate business strategy into day to day delivery.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to convey a vision to staff/department.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor or Masters' degree qualification is preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers