Overview Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon
is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Lead Analyst, Compliance & Control to join our Financial Crimes Compliance Quality Assurance (QA) team. This role is located in Chennai, TN, India - HYBRID (3 days in office).
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Perform QA testing on FCC Process (i.e.: closed investigations of alerts)
- Provide insightful and objective observations based on the testing performed
- Provide regular feedback relating to quality assurance reviews to QA Management on the quality and effectiveness of the execution of FCC processes
- Support the QA methodology and all the supporting documentation
- Implement and improve Quality Assurance processes, procedures, and associated reporting metrics
- Review Quality Assurance results across all aspects of the FCC program (including closed investigations of alerts, Incident Reporting, and SARs or country equivalent of suspicious activity reporting)
- Identify areas of risk and make recommendations on operational improvements, procedures, and key controls
- Create and maintain various FCC documentation suitable for Audit and Regulatory review
- Apply regulatory rules, policies, and sound judgement to respond to quality assurance related inquiries from business units, audit, regulators, or other key stakeholders
- Remain current and knowledgeable about current banking and regulatory issues, as well as training and audit approaches
- Participate in and/or lead certain Compliance projects, as needed
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- 5+ years' experience in AML / Compliance / KYC / Financial Crimes in a global bank / financial institution preferred
- Bachelor's Degree within Finance / Accounting / Forensics / Engineering would be preferred
- Experience in conducting QA / QC reviews of AML activities
- Experience and knowledge of compliance monitoring and testing methodologies for adherence to applicable regulatory requirements and internal policies
- High level of integrity with the ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong research and analytical skills to monitor and analyze regulatory requirements and relate them to business processes, regulatory risks, and compliance controls and to support a broad range of projects
- SAR or country equivalent filing experience strongly preferred
- Meticulous attention to detail and very strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to interpret and operationalize regulatory requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) with strong interpersonal skills to successfully interact, encourage, and influence at all organizational levels, including senior leadership teams
- Strong skills in MS Office products, specifically Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.