The Wealth Strategist / Client Development Sales Executive is responsible for cultivating new relationships with individuals, families, non-profit institutions and other entities. As a member of the Northern Trust team, this individual will be responsible for new client development, solutions strategy and execution of the firm's advice-driven approach. Leveraging our local team of specialists and national resources, the individual will identify prospective clients, present Northern Trust capabilities in conversations and meetings, and follow through to convert prospects to clients. The Wealth Strategist / Client Development Sales Executive maintains ongoing contact with clients, promoting the enhancement and expansion of existing relationships. He or she will serve as a brand ambassador in the local community, actively engaging as a leader for local civic and philanthropic organizations. Major Duties:
- Develops and executes an advice-based branding strategy delivered to prospective and current clients.
- Articulates and presents the full capabilities and services of Northern Trust to members of the community, clients, professional advisors and prospective clients.
- Cultivates external and internal professional and personal networks to identify and develop prospective new client relationships as well as existing client relationships.
- Profiles prospective client's financial picture and possible needs to determine how to best advise and deliver solutions.
- Consults with clients and their attorneys on the benefits of estate planning capabilities/services utilizing a knowledge of wealth transfer and tax planning strategies.
- Maintains current in-depth knowledge of a full range of trust-oriented services (e.g., personal trusts, living trusts, wills, investment management, custody, financial consulting, estate and tax planning).
- Maintains periodic contact with clients and acts as a liaison between clients and the rest of the firm for various activities.
- Deepens existing relationships by working with integrated teams.
- Candidates should have 8 or more years of sales and relationship management experience.
- Candidates should have knowledge of fiduciary capabilities and services (e.g., personal trusts, living trusts, wills, investment management, custody, financial consulting, estate and tax planning), including fee structures and documentation.
- This position requires Series 7 and 63 licenses.
- Professional designations such as CFP, CFTA, CFA, CIMA are strongly preferred.
Salary range: $185,000-$220,000. Salary range is an estimate of base pay. Northern Trust provides a comprehensive benefits package, including retirement and pension plan contributions, health and welfare benefits, paid time off, parental and caregiver leave, life insurance, and other wellbeing benefits.
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at MyHRHelp@ntrs.com .
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.