State Street Global Advisors
is one of the largest asset managers in the world, with $3.6 Trillion in assets under management. We offer one of the broadest ranges of strategies across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. We deliver these strategies through a wide range of vehicles - including both registered and unregistered funds in major global jurisdictions - from Australia and Japan, the UK, Ireland and Luxembourg and the USA. Solutions include our pioneering ETFs, mutual and UCITS funds.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) for State Street Global Advisors (Global Advisors) is responsible for leading the firm's global operations, technology, funds management, vendor oversight, data governance and business risk management efforts, and its investment and other operations in locations such as India and China. As a member of the Global Advisors' Operating Group and reporting to its CEO, the COO has responsibility for envisioning and delivering a world class technology, systems and operational infrastructure in support of the firm's $3.6 trillion in assets under management and enabling its growth and expansion aspirations across all asset classes, client segments and geographies. Primary Responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering on a strategic vision in partnership with senior leaders across Global Advisors that results in a best-in-class, risk excellent end-to-end operations and technology infrastructure and organization that has a high degree of scalability, efficiency, resiliency, digitization, quality of client experience, and productivity for Global Advisors
- Managing a global organization with an annual budget of more than $200 million and comprised of more than 800 professionals and a team of highly experienced leaders who are responsible for daily support to the organization and its businesses to deliver on Global Advisors' strategic and financial objectives; adept at using analysis and productivity data to optimize staffing and production capacity, identifying new processes and/or partners to improve quality or increase productivity and/or profitability
- Supporting and ensuring adequate and documented service levels for critical operational functions including client onboarding, trade processing, new product and fund development, shareholder services, vendor oversight, operational risk management, fund governance, and liaising with external parties such as regulators, tax providers, auditors, custodians, prime brokers, fund administrators, etc.
- Setting direction and overseeing core technology functions including strategy, applications, infrastructure, enterprise architecture and data, technology modernization and IT governance; providing oversight for enterprise information security, program management and technology-related risk management
- Acting as primary liaison with such corporate functions as Risk Management and Compliance along with State Street as a provider of front, middle and back-office technology and operations, that include Alpha; partnering with State Street's Global Technology Services on key outsourced services (e.g., data center, end user experience, service desk, information security, access management, business continuity and infrastructure resiliency)
Ideal Job Requirements:
- Accomplished senior operations executive and/or technology leader with a successful record in transforming and streamlining global asset management operations and technology infrastructure resulting in organizational efficiency and a variety of front, middle and back-office automation tools and solutions that drive the business forward
- Results-focused individual with the persistence and patience necessary to work effectively with a variety of internal and external constituencies and drive results; demonstrated business knowledge acumen and ability to handle multiple priorities yet able to prioritize and effectively be the point of escalation on the most important deliverables or pressing issues of the moment
- Highly experienced in supporting such areas as trading, client onboarding, operations, fund management and administration, regulatory reporting, risk management and program management on a global basis
- Passion for driving IT efficiency, building successful enterprise solutions and realizing business value through operational efficiency and leveraging data
- Demonstrated interest and ability to anticipate and identify emerging problems and trends in a complex setting and collaboratively reach resolution; embraces a continual improvement mindset that results in more efficient business processes and technology solutions, and adoption through effective change management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to translate complex operational and technology solutions to business partners and in turn, effectively convey business requirements to Operations and Technology teams
- Track record of managing multi-year financial and strategic Plans effectively, with ability to identify self-funding opportunities, and deliver relevant KPIs and productivity metrics to mark progress
- Evidence of successful leadership and people management and demonstrated ability to parter and influence effectively
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- A minimum of 10-15 years of executive and people management experience in complex global asset management organizations
- A minimum of 20 years' experience in roles including asset management operations and/or technology
- Strong knowledge in market practice, operational controls and regulatory requirements related to the asset management business and various investment instruments along with having a working knowledge of industry challenges and opportunities
- Experience supporting a global institutional equity and fixed income index and/or ETF business and multi-asset solutions, a plus
- Ideally, an advanced degree (e.g., MBA) and experience with M&A evaluation and integration; however, neither is a requirement
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What We Do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
#LI-Hybrid Salary Range:
$300,000 - $412,500 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.