Who we are looking for
State Street is leading a global initiative to converge multiple Integrated Risk Management (IRM) platforms into one best-in-class solution leveraging the Archer IRM product suite. We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to join the Business Risk Management team and provide end to end program management for the portfolio of projects supporting integrated risk management at State Street.
The Program Manager will deliver successful program results through effective planning, establishment of clear priorities and development and execution of program and project management methods to ensure that all resources function at optimal levels. The candidate has excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with creativity and self-motivation to deliver within tight timelines and potentially competing priorities. An understanding of integrated risk management and the Archer product suite will help the candidate succeed in this role. The responsibilities of this role include
As a Program Manager you will
What we value
- Develop and maintain program and project plans in alignment with IRM program strategy and roadmap
- Oversee delivery of project level workstreams and manage execution of the project deliverables in line with agreed upon scope and requirements
- Manage project staffing, including external resources and third party vendor management program requirements
- Facilitate global stakeholder engagement and coordination, including solving impediments with stakeholders
- Drive organizational focus by facilitating discussions and performing internal communications, as appropriate for various stakeholder groups using multiple communication channels
- Manage and escalate risks and issues promptly, to the required governance level, and with mitigation proposals where appropriate.
- Communicate and track progress, dependencies and assumptions, roles and responsibilities, issues and risks, and key milestones.
- Manage change requests, including assessing impact to schedule and resources
- Participate in, managing preparation and materials for and running governance meetings
- Record and track decisions related to the program, as appropriate
- Produce, maintain and manage approval of required program and project documentation
- Identify and use best practices for program and project management
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience in the oversight and execution of large, complex cross-functional programs
- Understanding of risk management, regulatory compliance, or internal control programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive change through collaboration and influence
- Ability to manage competing priorities efficiently
- Ability to comfortably communicate with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience managing complex projects, preferably in a large financial services institution or advisory/consulting firm
- Formal project management training and certifications (e.g. PMP)
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio)
- Experience in risk management, compliance and/or internal controls preferred
$135,000 - $210,000 Annual
The range quoted above applies to the role in the primary location specified. If the candidate would ultimately work outside of the primary location above, the applicable range could differ.