Sr. Product Owner
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We are seeking to fill multiple roles across our technology groups with mid-to-senior level Product Owners. These roles are based out of our Manchester offices.
You will have an impact in following ways:
• Crucial part of an "Agile Pod", or Scrum Team, explicitly communicates product goals with engineering and product team to deliver capabilities that meet business objectives
• Manages and prioritizes the product backlog
• Acts as the voice of the customer and manages stakeholder expectations
• Coaches the engineering team to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the backlog and Scrum processes
• Facilities daily stand-ups and weekly/bi-weekly Sprints to ensure teams are on-track
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
• Thrives in a fast-paced, technologically forward-leaning environment
• Natural curiosity to stay on top of emerging trends.
• Has a strong understanding of iterative software delivery to connect effectively with the scrum team
• Analytical thinker; thrives in working across teams and is excellent in handling ambiguity.
• Strong ability to foster collaborative, open working relationships
• Proactive; can anticipate customer needs and works to resolve them
• Agile mindset: can easily adapt to change, iterate quickly
• Takes ownership and accountability
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
• Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
• Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
• Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN - 100% score
• 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
• Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
• CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.