As a Barclays Transformation Lead, you will direct a portfolio of strategic and people focused initiatives within Group Technology Service Management GTSM to deliver the highest quality service management offering in a highly reliable, efficient, and financially sustainable manner. GTSM ensures the availability of systems that help Barclays support and protect the global economy.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
At Barclays, we offer a hybrid working experience that blends the positives of working alongside colleagues at our onsite locations, together with working from home. We have a structured approach where colleagues work at an onsite location on fixed, 'anchor', days of the week, for a minimum of two days a week or more, as set by the business area (or nearest equivalent if working part-time hours). Please discuss the working pattern requirements for the role you are applying for with the hiring manager. Please note that as we continue to embed our hybrid working environment, we remain in a test and learn phase, which means that working arrangements may be subject to change on reasonable notice to ensure we meet the needs of our business.
What will you be doing?
• Managing highly complex projects requiring facilitation and collaboration across organisational functions
• Working regularly on highly complex issues or problems which require analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure
• Exercising high level of judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Providing management in establishing partnerships with program stakeholders within GTSM, and with other organisational units
• Establishing operational objectives and work plans
• Providing strategic oversight and a framework for transformation to operate with success
• Developing strategies for transformation efforts to remove barriers to achieve goals/business outcomes
• Supporting, coaching, and mentoring to identify process improvement projects, sharing expertise to ensure programme implementation and operational excellence
What we're looking for:
• Has worked in complex operating environments; will ideally have had previous experience within a similar sized environment
• Extensive experience of analysing data to understand the current state of the business identifying new opportunities to enhance the value proposition
• An ability to inspire and influence across the business whilst driving people focused transformation
• A curious mindset, passion for continuous improvement, people development and the knowledge to question and challenge current states through effective communication
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience within financial service
• Lean management/Six Sigma experience
• Experience with enterprise systems management toolsets and systems
Where will you be working?
The Barclays Technology Campus, just outside Manchester, is our transatlantic tech command centre for information security in the UK. It's the vital strategic powerhouse behind our global operations. Radbroke is a place where big ideas become realities. Where the talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today's demands, answer tomorrow's questions and redefine the future of finance.