At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
Part of Product Development Team responsible for public assets across all asset classes (equity, multi-asset and bonds) and help deliver the business goals for the M&G collectives fund range while keeping the investor at the heart of the process. Support the Product Managers and Directors in respect of new product development and the ongoing management of the fund range with a focus on specific asset classes as required. Key Responsibilities for this role:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Product development: support development of the product set to ensure it is aligned with the business vision and strategy. Develop ideas from concept stage through to completion of feasibility and project proposal and business approvals Product management; support ongoing, proactive management of existing product set to ensure it remains fully fit for purpose in terms of customers' expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory landscape. Develop ideas from concept stage through to completion of feasibility and project proposal and business approvals
- Work with a variety of stakeholders including Investment Teams, Distribution channels, Marketing Compliance, Risk and Finance to ensure product initiatives fits with the overall business plan.
- Evaluation of range of potential solutions considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Production of reports and feasibility studies to a high quality
- Provide accurate technical input to implementation projects and in the provision of product support to the business generally
- Produce and maintain accurate technical specifications
- Demonstrable all-round contribution to the team through positive and proactive approach
- Ensure all product activities are conducted in a compliant manner than places the end investor at the heart of all decision making
- Assist in maintaining and developing the Product Development & Management process, and ensuring all initiatives follow this process.
- All round support for key meetings and processes in the product governance model.
- Develop knowledge on market and consumer trends and regulation and assess their impact.
- To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G's operational risk.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Colleague or Experienced Colleague:
- Likely to have 2 years of Product related experience
- May hold IMC, CFA or other relevant qualification
- Strong academic background, including degree
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Decent knowledge of desktop tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Board level)
- Highly self-motivated, with strong ability to work under own initiative and to own agenda
- Understanding of the UK and European financial services markets.
- Some knowledge of various product structures including UCITS, QIS, ACS, CCF, UK Pension Funds together with a working knowledge of the constantly evolving distribution landscapes which prevail in each of these markets
- Analytical thinking
- Conceptual thinking
- Drive and delivery
- Judgement and decisiveness
- Identify and fulfil regulatory requirements
- Financial and commercial awareness
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through practical experience or training
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
Closing date: 4th June 2023
Recruiter: Suzie Threlfall
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.