Description About this role About the BlackRock Returnship Programme
The Returnship Program is designed to encourage and support a return to full-time work through a six-month paid Returnship starting in September 2023. We are seeking experienced individuals who are client orientated and passionate about performance, who display collaborative and innovative mindsets, and bring an eclectic set of proficiencies to the workplace; prioritisation, analytical and organisational skills among others. Positions available at Associate, Vice President and Director level (business area dependent).
How we will support you:
- We will offer a variety of employee networks to help you integrate into the business and culture
- Provide a mentor and buddy for your day-to-day questions
- Provide coaching and peer support
To qualify for the program, participants must have the following:
- A career break of at least 24 months (no upper limit)
- Prior experience in Investment Management or Financial Services
- Must be authorised to work in the UK
- Analytics & Risk - working with the investment teams to continually analyse, understand and manage the risk of the client's portfolio in real time
- Business Management & Strategy - driving key initiatives and ensure coordinated delivery of our capabilities.
- Business Operations - working with teams across the organization to deliver a seamless investment management process.
- ETF & Index Investing - managing investment solutions involving multiple strategies and asset classes
- Investments - conducting market research and analysing specific investment opportunities which meet client needs
- Legal & Compliance - facilitating global business activities while protecting BlackRock from legal, regulatory, reputational, and related economic risk.
- Marketing & Communications - connecting people around the world with BlackRock's purpose, brand, products, services and tools.
- Sales & Relationship Management - the single point of contact and the face of BlackRock to the client; commercialising our products & services to meet individual client needs.
Your application will be reviewed by the BlackRock Returnship Programme committee and a recommendation to a specific business area will be made based on skill-set alignment and available headcount.
Hiring managers will then review your profile and where applicable, invite you to interview for their role; we will provide detail of the suggested position and if this is something that you are also interested in exploring then we can arrange the interview.
If you have a specific interest in one or more of the above business areas, please specify in your CV.
We look forward to receiving your application! Application deadline
- Friday 9 June 2023 Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.