Who we are looking for
The primary function of the Corporate Actions and Income function is to ensure all corporate events, income processing, tax reclamation, interest claims and CSDR penalties is effectively managed and processed in accordance with market deadlines and industry best practise, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and quality control.
Lead the Corporate Actions and Income Function across all activities within Global Operations to provide an efficient and effective support service that remains aligned to the strategic goals of the department and business (globally).
Inspires and effectively performance manage the function to ensure delivery of targets and business plans; successfully build necessary coalitions across Global Operations and the organisation to effect change, as well as promoting overall respect for diversity, teamwork and open communication in the workplace. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Asset Services Manager, Vice President you will
What we value
- Accountable for ensuring the timely processing of corporate actions across multiple systems globally in line with market, regulatory and internal deadlines. Proactively working with Portfolio Managers, custodians and brokers to ensure all corporate actions are managed throughout the lifecycle of the event.
- Accountable for ensuring the timely processing of all income payments within State Street's investment book of records, working with external parties, including custodians and brokers to ensure timely receipt of payments.
- Undertake all processes required to support the tax reclamation activities for all State Street's accounts, working with custodians and regulatory authorities where required. Completion of tax documentation where required, ensuring information is accurate and update to date in line with regulatory and client requirements.
- Work alongside Investment and Trading Teams globally to ensure corporate actions are robustly managed across State Street
- Ensure all interest claims, inbound and outbound, are processed in adherence to the ISITC industry guidelines and that client compensations and CSDR penalty processes are actioned in-line with internal and client requirements.
- Apply management principles to ensure optimal performance throughout function; ensure appropriate skills are developed and maintained at all levels of responsibility and realign structure/staff responsibilities to meet desired changes in organisation, including continuous professional development, engaging with staff survey results and driving forward improvements plans, creating a culture for diversity and inclusion
- Ensure that the appropriate MI, process and systems are in place to provide support to other business areas so that customers are treated fairly.
- Form strategic partnerships with service providers/vendors; leveraging network. Actively participate and represent State Street at working parities/forums. Clearly articulate and share market information internally to appropriate stakeholders
- Accountable for ensuring operational risks and issues are identified, prioritised, assessed and mitigated. Ensure senior stakeholders are briefed, updated and where appropriate enrolled in the management and control of key risks
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience of the asset management industry/experience relevant to role.
- Experience in leading Operational Excellence Teams in similar complex environment.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, process improvement and change management.
- Experience of managing multiple initiatives/projects within a complex professional environment and delivering demonstrable business benefits.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relay information clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications. Through team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication. To have a well-defined communication and engagement model in place to achieve this.
- Ability to demonstrate been able to translate business strategy into day to day delivery.
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Must have the ability to work in a fast moving management environment with many often conflicting demands.
- Ability to influence change in a positive manner.
- Evidence of high degree of independent judgment for decision making and problem solving with imaginative and innovative ideas
- Flexible, adaptable and able to multi-task in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Ability to convey a vision to staff/department.
- Ability to lead from the front to drive delivery, whilst sustaining the provision of analytical rigor without getting overly caught up in the detail
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to preserve.
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Ability to force clarity.
- Drives culture of the business.
- Drives development of talent
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs/goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback
About State Street What we do.
- 5 GCSEs including Math's & English Grades A - C
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee