Description About this role Overview of Responsibilities
We are actively looking for an Analyst for our APAC Corporate Accounting Team. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, highly analytical and pro-active with respect to identifying and implementing process change which helps in driving increased accuracy, improved internal controls and greater efficiencies. Additionally, the candidate should be able to flourish in an extremely fast-paced and growing environment.
In the role, candidate will be responsible for corporate accounting related activities for entities in APAC region which includes month end books closing, preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, preparing monthly financial reports, controlling the master data of the general ledger, implementing appropriate accounting controls and processes. Key Responsibilities:
Required Education, Training and Licenses:
- Perform month-end close activities including revenue & expense accruals as per USGAAP and IFRS.
- Review and analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts and provide commentary for variance.
- Maintain fixed assets register including additions, retirements, and annual physical verification.
- Review and prepares monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts and substantiation of the balance.
- Supporting statutory audit by providing backups and schedules on timely basis.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders from different teams and departments.
- Facilitates global project management
- Sharing of best practices between regions
Required experience & skills:
- Chartered Accountant / Graduate or Postgraduate in Finance
- 2-3 years of experience, preferably in financial services
- High proficiency in Oracle and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly knowledgeable in the broad spectrum of accounting practices
- Positive attitude & willingness to continuously learn.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Thorough knowledge of internal controls
- Ability to work with large volumes of data and maintain high levels of accuracy
#EarlyCareers Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.