Overview Who we are:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries.
As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.
BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK).
Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news. What we do: Global Asset Safety function provides governance and oversight over client asset regulations from a variety of jurisdictions, along with related BNYM Group policies. Previously solely focusing on the UK FCA's Client Assets Sourcebook (CASS), the Global Asset Safety function has been expanded to incorporate considerations over client asset regulations from other geographical locations. The Global Asset Safety (GAS) function has footprints across the globe, made up of team members from diverse backgrounds (operations / data and technology / audit etc.). The successful candidate will:
The successful candidate will be working alongside with Lines of Business and other corporate functions on annual CASS audit matters.
Essential Functions - Key Roles & Responsibilities:
What we are looking for:
- Act as first point of contact between the firm and its external auditor in relation to the annual UK CASS audit, under the FRC Client Asset Reporting Standard
- Provide periodic updates over the status of the annual external CASS audit to governance committees and stakeholder groups
- Assist with the oversight and closure of CASS breaches and recommendations identified by external auditor
- Assist with the maintenance and quality assurance over CASS applicability within product catalogues
- No direct reports: provides guidance to other team members
- Contribute to the achievement of team-wide objectives
Our offer for you:
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills and project management abilities
- Highly organised and task-orientated, with the ability to balance competing priorities and manage stakeholders' expectations
- Ability to influence outside of direct team, collaborate with different stakeholders, drive and implement changes to the client asset control and regulatory environment
- Previous working experience in external audit and FCA and UK FCA CASS requirements would be an advantage
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth, and professional development
- Mentoring and job shadowing programs
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects and engagement groups
- Employee Referral Program
- Health Promotion: Wellbeing and Innovation Centre, Wellbeing programs
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Private Medical care
- Pension Scheme
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.