Description About this role
Through cutting edge technology, quantitative techniques, sophisticated models and embedded research, our investment management approach provides superior performance for our clients and is an important part of the BlackRock brand.
The Prime Brokerage Financing ['PBF'] team supports the firm's levered and alternative products through active oversight across prime brokerage, derivatives and other related financing strategies; managing the cost of borrowing and overall portfolio financing. PBF is significantly involved in activities such as equity and fixed income financing, PB relationship management, counterparty and liquidity risk management, and trading/financing documentation reviews. BlackRock is seeking a Financing Associate-level candidate. Your Responsibilities
- Work with multiple investment teams to source financing liquidity across a broad array of investment strategies.
- Represent BlackRock's interests in frequent interaction with Prime Brokerage Financing counterparties.
- Monitor and negotiate financing rates across multiple counterparties ensuring optimal rates for the lifecycle of trades, including a deep understanding of cross currency basis.
- Exhibit detailed product knowledge of financing, equities, equity swaps, convertible bonds, fixed income, repo, futures, and other instruments.
- Understanding how to optimize different trading strategies by looking at portfolio financing, cash management, margin optimisation, yield enhancement, corporate action optimisation and tax implications.
- Continuously build upon and improve scalable processes that enable efficient oversight of financing activities
- Partner with investment teams on the oversight of collateral usage and excess liquidity for Hedge/Levered funds.
- Work with multiple internal groups on both new product launches and existing mandates to determine the proper financing structures, counterparties, and level of involvement/prioritization required by the Hedge Fund/Prime Brokerage Financing team.
- Interact with external credit officers and be able to resolve on-going inquiries or escalation as part of their credit reviews of BlackRock's Alternative Funds.
- 2+ years of experience in Hedge Fund or Equity Financing.
- Fluent in Python and VBA, (SQL optional).
- Experience trading multiple Delta One products, including equity and index futures, forwards, swaps, ETFs.
- Understanding pricing of single stocks and baskets, outperformance trades, yield enhancement, corporate action optimization, balance sheet/capital trading.
- Additional optional experience dealing with SBL desks and products.
- Proven track record in designing, building and implementing models and platforms; developing strategies using automated, statistical and machine learning techniques.
- Ability to be a self-starter, work independently and proven record in problem solving.
- Possess negotiation skills with the ability to balance the trade-off between short term gains and long-term wins.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, be able to manage and prioritize a wide variety of concurrent and competing projects.
- Ability to communicate well and work collaboratively with a global team across multiple time zones.
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Educated to degree level at a minimum in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Finance or related discipline(s)
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work model
BlackRock's hybrid work model is designed to enable a culture of collaboration and apprenticeship that enriches the experience of our employees, while supporting flexibility for all. Employees are currently required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week; some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. Beginning in September, all employees will shift to at least 4 days in the office per week, with the flexibility to work from home 1 day a week. We remain focused on increasing the impactful moments that arise when we work together in person - aligned with our commitment to performance and innovation. As a new joiner, you can count on this hybrid model to accelerate your learning and onboarding experience here at BlackRock. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.